PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of the lolligags bull by manhattan toys?

HIU8
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
DD has one that is her lovey. She is starting preschool this September and will stay for naps 2x a week. She has to sleep with her lovey. I wanted to get a second one just in case, but no one has them. Manhattan toys has supposedly stopped making the entire lolligags line. anyone know where I might be able to get one--a place that still has them in stock? We are preparing DD by having her sleep at daycare with an entirely different stuffed animal (some days it works and some not). if she looses this favored lovey it will spell disaster (and I could kick myself for not ordering a spare last year when it was given to her).

hrh_julie
07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Here is one still in stock:

http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/manhattan-toy-lolligags-bull.html

HTH
Julie

HIU8
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks. I was on their website yesterday. When you add to your shopping cart you get a message saying they are out of stock. I called and was told they would not get getting anymore and the reason why. I'm so bummed.

hrh_julie
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
OK..now its a challenge! How about this site? I added it to my cart, no problem.

http://lesterharrys.com/index.php?file=product&iproduct_id=450&icategory_id=250

ETA..you might also look at the Jellycats Cows. They are similar.

Julie

HIU8
07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
arghhhh! I cannot add that to my cart either. It says it's in stock and I click on add to cart and my cart is empty. I just emailed their customer service. I really need this stuffed animal (I do not want to be near DD if we lose her beloved bull lovey).

Melaine
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Hope you are able to purchase it via Julie's link. I have totally BTDT. People on Ebay make tons of money by stocking up on loveys and selling them to desperate parents!

We actually gave up on finding replacement loveys for DDs (two different Carter's bear blankets) and did a switch on them. I thought I was going to cry myself, but it was not that big of a deal to them. They quickly fell in love with the new ones and I bought six of them!!! Now the old loveys are up in my closet....sometimes I pull them out and look at them still!

HIU8
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
According to lesterharrys.com the lolligags bull has been discontinued. I wish all these sites would take the darn thing down already. I think we are leaning toward getting DD used to another lovey for preschool naps.

Ceepa
07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I think we are leaning toward getting DD used to another lovey for preschool naps.

This is what we did. I wasn't going to risk sending our lovies in to school so I sent in school lovies (completely different from home lovies).

Melaine
07-15-2009, 12:20 PM
According to lesterharrys.com the lolligags bull has been discontinued. I wish all these sites would take the darn thing down already. I think we are leaning toward getting DD used to another lovey for preschool naps.

I wonder if she would like the frog by lolligags since it probably would feel the same (size, weight, texture) and seems fairly easy to purchase.

HIU8
07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
She is verbal enough to let me know if she will like it or not. She has a few other stuffed animals in her crib and first I'm going to see if she will chose one to go to school with her (we will start by sending it to daycare for the rest of the summer to get her used to it). Darn though, that lolligags bull is just so cute and a perfect lovey--even looks dirty when it's clean...

Melaine
07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Have you tried to request it on Ebay or an ISO on Craigslist?

HIU8
07-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Tried Ebay-got the frog not the bull. Not crazy about Craiglist in my area. I've had a few not so terrific experiences, so I stay away from it.