PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your dish rack?

nupe
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
The clear counter/island/peninsula thread reminded me that I have an old dish rack that needs to be replaced. The rack is some metal coated with white, and the tray below it is white too (great so I can see when it is dirty and it cleans up well). Looked find in my old place. Most importantly it holds the pots and knives I dry in there just fine, and the larger size is not a problem. I have a small plastic drainer for wine glasses that has low visiblity.

The thing is the dish rack is a bit of an eyesore. My current kitchen is black and stainless, with darkish granite. So I really need something that is well, perhaps black, and preferably stainless or chrome. However everything i've seen online looks flimsy or like it will rust. Any recs?

Momit
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
We have the Simple Human fingerprint proof stainless one and are very happy with it. It has a removable block for knives etc. and some of the racks fold up or down, plus the finish has held up well. It's reasonably attractive as far as dish drainers go. We used coupons and got it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

nupe
07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Is this the one you have? It looks great! The drainage system looks innovative. Looks easy to clean too.

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/dishracks/steel-frame.html

nupe
08-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Momit:

Thanks so much! I got the ss/gray one from bbb.com. This is a great dish rack for my use, which is mostly pots and knives. The rack system looks great for plates, cups, etc. It has the same foot print (okay maybe an inch larger each way) as my old contraption. While it doesn't look as sturdy as my old one, it is far more stylish. The drainage system is nice, and the entire dishrack is raised off the counter so the area below can dry. I absolutely adore the knife drainer. The bamboo knife drainer in itself is amazing.