PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gap Bedding

MSWR0319
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Does anyone have bedding from Baby Gap? We're building a new house and I'd like to get DS new bedding. I think the turtle set looks cute, but was wondering if anyone knew how the quality was. I'm really not too excited about spending so much, but if I knew it would last a few years it may make me feel a little better!

Thanks

boltfam
07-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I can only speak for Babygap sheets. I had bought a diff. bedding set when Ds was born but loved the look of the Babygap sheets, so bought one as a second sheet. It's organic and soft (gets softer as you wash it) and seems to be very high quality. The sheet that came with my DS's bedding set goes on the mattress really tight (actually ripped in one spot) but the Babygap sheet goes on easily and still has a tight fit. I believe Babygap bedding was rated very highly in the Baby Bargains book. I have nothing but good things to say!

RMessinger
07-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Do the Baby Gap fitted sheets have elastic all the way around or only on the corners? The website says "reinforced corners" but I don't know what that means.

mcmanutm
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I bought the Baby Gap Safari bedding from Gap Outlet (it was half the price)! Yay! The sheets are great. They have elastic all the way around them and fit really well. The bedding sets come with: a sheet, bumper, quilt, and crib skirt. Everything seems to be of pretty good quality. Now that being said, I bought the set from the Outlet store so part of it was slightly defective. The bumper I bought was missing two crib ties. It looks like someone tried to force the ties around a rail and it ended up tearing out of the bumper. The seam on the bumper needs to be reinforced (probably not on brand new sets---unless you really force the thing around the crib rails). I was wondering how the crib ties came out because they seem to fit just fine around my crib. Anyway, I am having someone fix it for me. It was worth getting the set for $125. If there's a Gap Outlet near you I'd definately check there first. Also I was able to get the matching mobile for $20 (it is sold online for $60). I was unable to find extra sheets there though, so I ordered that and a few other accessories online (window treatments & wall stickers). I went to the outlet store in Hebron, KY. Hope that helps!

boltfam
07-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I bought the Baby Gap Safari bedding from Gap Outlet (it was half the price)! Yay! The sheets are great. They have elastic all the way around them and fit really well. It was worth getting the set for $125. If there's a Gap Outlet near you I'd definately check there first. Also I was able to get the matching mobile for $20 (it is sold online for $60). I was unable to find extra sheets there though, so I ordered that and a few other accessories online (window treatments & wall stickers). I went to the outlet store in Hebron, KY. Hope that helps!

Congrats on your find!

naniluns
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I LOVE my Baby Gap organic crib sheets and skirt. They are really good quality and very soft. They do have elastic all the way around unlike PBK and RHB&C.

lizzywednesday
08-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Thank you all for these tips ... I was having the darndest time finding solid color sheet options that weren't pink, blue or white and this thread popped up.

We're planning a jungle/safari theme for our nursery, which we feel will be perfect for a baby boy or baby girl (as we do not intend on finding out before Baby arrives; just because you *can* doesn't mean you *should* ... and it will also stave off the torrent of pink that I am sure my cousins will send if they hear I'm having a girl - they have 5 boys between them!) and were kind of using the Koala Baby "Mocha" bedding set & coordinates that I saw at BRU while shopping for my (due-in-November) sister as a jumping-off point.

After reading the absolutely wretched reviews, and realizing the set came with a bunch of stuff I don't intend on using anyway, I've been looking for chocolate brown and grass green sheets ... because the printed sheets are cute, but if they're gonna shrink and rip after a single washing, I think I'll pass!

Needless to say, I like the colors of the Baby Gap Safari bedding a lot more...and will have to check out the Gap Outlet once we're sure I can start shopping (hahaha) for baby stuff. We'll see ... a well-placed hint to my mother may also work wonders. (Tee-hee!)

sudsy0125
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I just picked up fitted crib sheets for $13.65 today (reg $19.50). Not sure how long it will last for, but I think it may have just started.

lizzywednesday
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I just picked up fitted crib sheets for $13.65 today (reg $19.50). Not sure how long it will last for, but I think it may have just started.

Is this online too? (The closest Baby Gap to me didn't seem to have the bedding in store, but it's a small store.)

star04
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I ordered 2 solid sheets last week and got a price adjustment! Thanks! :)

mcmanutm
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
It looks like all of the BabyGap Bedding is on sale for$174 (originally $250). :)

mylikuliku
09-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I got the BabyGap bedding set (Sailor Boy) during the Labor Day with 50% discount.
They gave me a FREE Quinny Dreami bassinet as a gift for that purchase!!
Wow, that is a pretty good deal!! I also bought 2 sets of crib sheets with 30% discount...:)