PDA

View Full Version : Baptism /Decorating ideas

3emm
07-14-2009, 10:43 PM
hi! I'm hosting a luncheon at my house after my son's baptism. any ideas on decorating? it will be held outdoors. I live in so cal, so it'll be hot!! I"m not sure if i need to decorate the outdoor area or just leave as is? I am planning to have three tables with floral centerpieces. any ideas to create an ambience would be appreciated.
the grassy area where i will set up overlooks the pool area, and the food table will be set up under a covered patio.
TIA for any tips on making this event a little more festive.

TwinFoxes
07-15-2009, 04:10 AM
I posted pretty much the same Q a couple of weeks ago. The general consensus was no one really decorated for their DCs baptism. We just had ours on Saturday. We kept the cake inside and grilled and ate outside. The cake was kind of the decoration for the party in a way, it was pretty. We did have fresh flowers on the cake table.

We didn't decorate outside at all, but I bought some really pretty outdoor dining wear which made things nicer than if we used paper. I forgot to get a table cloth though. All in all, I felt it was just the right atmosphere.

3emm
07-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Thank you! thats what i was thinking..but i always go over the top when i party plan, and then i get stressed out. i really want to take it easy this time, so i might just do flowers. thanks again!!