PDA

View Full Version : Publix carry out service?

jaxs135
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know if Publix has stopped carry-out service to your car? I'm a life-long Publix grocery shopper, but have never had the baggers help me carry out my groceries because I've always been able to do it on my own. Now that I'm a mommy-to-be (EDD: 9/20/09!), I know I'd like the help, especially once my Little One arrives. BUT, the past few times I've been to Publix, they've never offered to help me with my groceries to the car. Do I now need to ask them for help? Have they stopped the service all together? I was looking forward to having their help once my baby is here... and any subsequent babies! :)

MichelleRC
07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
My Publix (outside Orlando) still has carry out service (as of yesterday anyway).

Good luck!

swrc00
07-14-2009, 11:06 PM
My Publix still has the service. I got asked a lot toward the end of my pregnancy. Since I have had DS I have gotten asked every time he is with me.
I wonder if they are short staffing the baggers as a way to cut costs.

BabyMine
07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Our Publix still asks. They sometimes plead becasue they want out of the store. You must love the hot and humid Florida weather while being pregnant :ROTFLMAO:. Congratulations!!!

cmo
07-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I've found it varies wildly depending on which store, how crowded it is, time of day, and who is on shift that day. If you tend to shop around the same day/time each week, you can usually figure out who the friendly cashiers and baggers are, and that might help.

TwinFoxes
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I would be shocked if any grocery store refused a request for carry out service, especially from an obviously pregnant woman! But maybe I'm living in a dream world. While I was pregnant and since I've had the twins I've gotten carryout service from Safeway, Ralph's, Giant, Von's, Whole Foods and TJ's. Most of the time I had to ask, but they were always very accommodating, they never made me feel like I was putting them out.

CiderLogan
07-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Publix offers to help me with my groceries ALL THE TIME. Mostly I have my DDs with me, so I must look overwhelmed. :) However, my younger DD usually doesn't want a stranger pushing her in the cart, and I'm totally fine doing it on my own, so I usually decline. But, yes, they definitely still offer it...I'm sure you'll get more offers as you get bigger and especially after your baby arrives.

Melbel
07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I used the carryout service at Publix just yesterday b/c I had my hands very full w/ the 3 kids and DD2 would not sit in the cart. They practically insisted on helping!

AJP
07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it's great that your local stores offer! Not many stores around here do. Shaws and Whole Foods are the only ones who ever offer to me, and they practically insist if I decline! I always remember the stores that offer little things like this whe I'm contemplating where to shop. I think if they stop it just won't make them stand out as great service providers to me.

JTsMom
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Our Publix usually offers, but not every time. I would have no problem asking for help if I needed to though, so don't let them not offering stop you!