PDA

View Full Version : We booked the Nickelodeon Cruise!

Tondi G
07-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Got access to an emailed promo code and we decided to jump on it! The price is less than it would be for the following week on the regular Mariner of the Seas cruise. Itinerary is Mexican Riviera. My 8 year old is going to flip when we arrive at the port and he realizes that it's the Nick cruise!!! The boys know we are going on a cruise but not that it's the Nick charter cruise!

SO anyone who has cruised with kids (last cruise for DH and I was our honeymoon 10 years ago) I would love to hear about what you took along that made your trip easier!

Anyone who has been to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan I would love to hear what you've done with your children there that was fun. We don't know what excursions we will do yet.

Thanks a bunch!
~Tondi

deannanb
07-21-2009, 11:54 PM
we are going on the Freedom of the Seas Nick cruise!
if you haven't been to cruisecritic.com - you need to head over there for alllll of your answers!
I've learned so much researching for this trip -

and I'm so jealous that you get to meet the stars of iCarley!

Have a great trip!

Tondi G
07-23-2009, 12:15 PM
we are going on the Freedom of the Seas Nick cruise!
if you haven't been to cruisecritic.com - you need to head over there for alllll of your answers!
I've learned so much researching for this trip -

and I'm so jealous that you get to meet the stars of iCarley!

Have a great trip!

Thanks! YAY another "nick" cruiser! Too bad we aren't going on the same ship!

I've been over to Cruise Critic quite a bit but man it starts making my head spin! We still don't know what we are going to do for shore excursions.... If in doubt we'll find a nice beach and make our own fun! :)

Hope you have a fantastic cruise ... the Freedom is an even nicer ship than our Mariner!

codex57
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Start by going to the destinations section on Cruise Critic and getting a feel there.

Also, check the roll call section to see what other parents are doing on the Nick cruise.

For basic packing tips, just do a search. I'd start the search in the Royal Carib section just cuz they'll be more specific to what the cabins have/need in RC. You'll always need a power strip no matter what line you're on though. I'm not a huge fan of bringing a laptop. Too much chance for it to get lost/damaged. Memory cards are so cheap, I'd just buy extras. You're on vacation so I'd try and keep the computer time to a minimum.