PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Eco Glider vs Dream Swivel Glider?

jaxs135
07-15-2009, 06:07 AM
My husband and I prefer to find a glider for our nursery that looks more like a "typical" chair so that we can transition it to our living room. I've been on the Pottery Barn Kids website and found the Eco Glider, which glides and swivels 360 degrees. The description also says it's "built it to meet exceedingly high environmental standards, using SFI-certified hardwood, recycled steel and soy-based foam." Does anyone have the Eco Glider? Are you pleased with it? What about the Dream Swivel Glider? Does it glide/rock and swivel? I'm probably making this more of a difficult decision than it needs to be, but if you have any input, I'd appreciate it! :)

DD EDD 9/20/09!!!!

drwg21
07-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, we have the eco glider and really like it. Also looked at the Dream Glider, but my husband thought it sat too low to the ground. We were also looking for something that would transition to living space eventually and got the Natural color slipcover.

lizzywednesday
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
OK, I just got my latest PBK catalogue (signed up for catalogues & e-mails while buying something for DN's) and had a question regarding the "Eco" chairs, especially the "Grand Swivel Glider"

DH and I are both "tall" - I am 5'8", he is 6'4" - and carry a lot of our weight in our butts.

The "Grand" series measures 2.5" wider & deeper than the regular. It also has a higher back. (Seat is 24" by 21.5" versus 21.5" by 19.5"; back height on "Grand" is 26.5")

The "Grand" is also $50 more before the slipcover.

I like the look, but hate the $700 price tag.

Would this be worth the $$$? Or should I just look somewhere else for a similar chair?