PDA

View Full Version : Any eBayaholics???

3isthelimit
07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Just curious...any of you addicted to eBay like me??? I seems it has really gotten bad the last few months, only to be slowed down somewhat by my husband!:nono:

I mostly love to buy my girls' clothes(great deals!) and bags ...that sort of thing. The attraction for me (other than the great deal) is the anticipation! I love to check on an item, the whole schpeel. Oh wow, I do sound like I need help!! :wink2:

Since he has been on a roll about it, I have just been using my "blow" money on items. I never buy anything really expensive or anything like that. He just thinks "it's not a good deal if you don't need it" (referring to dd's clothes) and I agree. Still, I don't know if I can stop! It is just too fun for me!

Any others like me out there?????

Kymberley
07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I had a real problem with it last year. It got WAY out of hand! It was all for myself as there were no DC in our home yet. I bought more Coach bags than I know what to do with. I finally had to cut myself off. I already have issues dealing with money properly and the ease and excitement of Ebay made it worse. I recently did purchase a Zippy for $100.00, though. I'm feeling pretty good about that one! I have to stay away, though, unless I'm looking for something specific.

LarsMal
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I mostly love to buy my girls' clothes(great deals!) and bags ...that sort of thing. The attraction for me (other than the great deal) is the anticipation! I love to check on an item, the whole schpeel. Oh wow, I do sound like I need help!! :wink2:

I'm not, but I've been thinking about selling some of my kids' clothes so I'm happy to read that people do buy them!!

frgsnlzrds
07-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Been there. Last year after we moved I fell into a really bad depression. There are no good stores nearby, so I turned to the internet. I bought and bought and bought and ebay was one of my favorite places. It got so bad that one day the UPS man came up to the door with a package and when I signed for it, I realized it was for the next block over. When I told him, he laughed and said he was just too used to coming to my house, and that he'd see me tomorrow. That was when I first realized that I had a problem. The jaw dropping happened later, when I started to unpack all the summer clothes that I'd "saved" money on by buying on clearance. It's the middle of July, and even wearing a new outfit every day, I don't think she's going to go through everything I bought. I'm still depressed and I hate my house, but I'm starting to realize that digging my family into debt isn't the answer.

Now, I do sell a great deal in spurts on Ebay, so if you have a DD a year younger than mine, you'll catch some FABULOUS deals there next spring. ;)

AngelaS
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I tend to get the same high from selling on eBay. :D But for a seller, eBay's not as hot as it once was so I've cut waaay back.

KrisM
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Not so much ebay for me these days, but garage sales and mom2mom sales. I love the thrill of shopping and finding a deal. Last week, I got Pyrex: 6 bowls and 2 casseroles with 3 lids total for a whopping $5. I just love it.

I've really tried to watch what I'm buying and realizing that just because a toy is fun and we don't have it and it's only $1, we probably don't need it either. The house is full.