PDA

View Full Version : Where to find LATCH weight limits?

tarahsolazy
07-15-2009, 12:47 PM
We have two cars, an 09 Sienna, and a 04 VW Passat, and I can't find the weight limit for the lower LATCH anchors anywere in either manual!

My DH thinks I'm crazy on the subject of carseats anyway, but he's really rolling his eyes now that I'm saying that I think we need to start installing my DS's seat using the seatbelt instead of the LATCH. Incidentally, my 50th percentile height 5 year old still has at least an inch to go before he outgrows the Marathon by height. I think he'll make it close to 6 in that seat.

DS is about 47 lbs, and for some reason I'm thinking that its either 46 or 48lbs when you need to use the belt.

Anyone know this info or where I can find it?

Joolsplus2
07-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Me. :)

Seriously, if the car manual doesn't specify, then you should follow the carseat manual and the stickers on the side of the seat.

Your Marathon is 48....so at 48 pounds you should install the seat with the seatbelt instead of the lower anchors, and you should continue to always use the top tether anchor.

My average/leggy dd fit in her MA till she was 6, too! But she was only 40 pounds, lol.

And PS, "Me" gets her answers directly from the LATCH manual... VW's of that vintage are 48 pounds, and Toyota always defers to the carseat manual. :)

hellbennt
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
does a Regent use LATCH? if so what are it's limits?
(sorry if this is a 'doh' question:bag)
just trying to get a grip on all of this...

ds1 is just 6 and still good in his MA in my car (2003 Honda CRV- better make sure it's not installed w/ LATCH!)

TIA Julie!
you truly have helped me, and ARE CURRENTLY helping me along the way!:D

Joolsplus2
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Not dumb at all :). Honda limits are 40 pounds (but still, always always use the top tether anchor). The Regent does have LATCH, and some very strange install rules, do you already own it?

hellbennt
07-16-2009, 11:28 AM
we have the regent in dh's car and he installed it. I *think* it's fine; he's actually really good at installations, lol (when I made him bring the MA to get checked w/ ds1, after switching out of the infant seat, he came back very proud that the tech said it was one of the best installations he had seen:))

re:LATCH w/ Regent (or any seat)- so bottom line is to go by the car's limits?
so I would imagine that it would/should be installed w/ belt, since ds is just about 48lbs

codex57
07-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Me. :)

See my sig. :cheerleader1: