PDA

View Full Version : What websites do you visit when you want to procrastinate?

sfmom
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I know...there's really isn't that much time to procrastinate anymore. But when you do...what websites do you check out (other than this one, of course!)? Baby-related? Shopping websites?

Before DD was born I had a thing for perusing shoe shopping websites like zapoos. But my favorite was www.endless.com. I rarely bought, but I enjoyed putting shoes in my shopping cart and pretending I would ;)

I'm also kind of a news junky so I love www.thedailybeast.com and www.jezebel.com.

And I know this is really stupid but I like seeing trailers. Especially since I don't get to go to the movies as much anymore so I like www.apple.com/trailers.

I'm soooooooooo pathetic.

wencit
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
This board is BY FAR my biggest time sucker. I also visit my local mom's chat board, MDC, a couple different coop boards, and for now a pregnancy board.

On the personal side, I check out my Facebook page regularly but hardly ever post stuff on there; it's mostly to see what my friends are doing.

Finally, I also lurk on the general chit-chat board at tivocommunity.com. COMPLETELY different vibe from this board (most of them are males, many of whom are single and very, very tech-minded), but it seems to satisfy the small geeky part of my personality. :)

citymama
07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Facebook and the BBB boards! I love NYTimes.com as well, even though I subscribe to the print edition. Go figure.

pinkmomagain
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
BBB, Facebook, and Etsy (thanks to this board).

momof2girls
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
This board and if you really want to get addicted to "mentally challenging diversions" try sporcle.com
I can't help but go on it every day!

ellies mom
07-15-2009, 07:30 PM
This board, Ravelry, FB and Ravelry.

scmama
07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I check out this board, my birth month board from when I was preggo, facebook, gymbofriends, and tmz (although its not baby related).

gatorsmom
07-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks to this board I like www.cakewrecks.com (http://www.cakewrecks.com), www.6yearmed.blogspot.com (http://www.6yearmed.blogspot.com), and I love to window shop at www.anthropologie.com (http://www.anthropologie.com). Oh, and I'm beginning to frequent (a little too often) the message boards for the HBO series TrueBlood. I've been totally sucked into it. :D

infomama
07-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I like Cakewrecks and The Pioneer Woman. I used to read 6yearmed but quit as it was just so depressing (she is such a talented writer, though). I also check out www.coolmompicks.com now and then as well as www.mentalfloss.com

bubbaray
07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Um, here. Sometimes car-seat.org

trentsmom
07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
This board and if you really want to get addicted to "mentally challenging diversions" try sporcle.com
I can't help but go on it every day!

OK, now I've spent way too long on that site! DH & I are having fun with all of the quizzes.

Fairy
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
This one. A Days of our Lives board. A few blogs. And www.hunch.com. Don't say I didn't warn you.

newbiemom
07-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I just spent AN HOUR on sporcle, instead of going to sleep. I'm going to regret it tomorrow!

strollerqueen
07-16-2009, 11:55 PM
This board, and my Strollerswap. Sometimes the gossip sites, if there is a big story going on. I find TMZ to be the most credible. I used to work with Harvey Levin; he is a true journalist, and a lawyer. I read various journalist periodicals, newspapers and magazines, like the NY Times. And "The Huffington Post." Can't recall how I got started on that one!