PDA

View Full Version : After your infant carrier....

Zoey187
07-15-2009, 03:10 PM
what did you get. I have found this to be the one subject that gives me a headache more than any other baby item I have researched. I currently have a Keyfit 30 and my DS will out grow that soon. I need some ideas of what to get next. I have a VW Jetta if that helps with what kind of car it will be going in.

arivecchi
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I like the Britax Marathon and the Britax Boulevard. Great seats, easy to install.

lorinick
07-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I second the MA and BV and even the RA50. The install is great. I have the MA and BV and we love them.

gobadgers
07-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I have an Evenflo Triumph. I like the fact that it has a knob on the side to easily loosen and tighten the straps. Also, I get confused about all the different models, but the one we have is nice and soft. And the price is great!

AnnieW625
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
We got a Britax Marathon, and an Evenflo Triumph 5. We put the Marathon in our Pilot, and the Triumph 5 in our 01 Corolla. The Corolla was a bit tight for the Marathon rfing in the center so we opted for the smaller Triumph 5 (which unfortunately has been discontinued and replaced by the larger Triumph Advance). If you want extra headwing protection and no rethread harnesses then look at the Britax BLVD. The Britax Roundabout 50 is identical in style to the Marathon however it only goes up to 50lbs and doesn't have lockoff clips. Honestly I think it's a much better deal than the Marathon; it's over $100 cheaper and most kids will outgrow the Marathon on height vs. the 65lb weight limit.

Unfortunately there aren't too many small seats left on the market for people with compact cars or tall people who drive compact cars and need smaller seats for Rfing. The Combi Cocorro is one, and the Britax Roundabout is the other. These seats have height limit of 40lbs, and 40". Again most kids will out grow them by height before weight, but my 3 year old still fit in her Triumph a couple of weeks ago and she is 3 yrs. 3 mos.

Combi has some nice videos for installing the seat and they do it using a mid 2000s model Corolla which I believe is comparable in size to a Jetta.
http://www.combi-intl.com/Products/Item.aspx?Item=12

ETA: love the tension knobs on my Triumph! I also found the seat super easy to travel with and install.

Good luck!

AJP
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
We went from the Keyfit 30 to Marathons. My girls would just be outgrowing the keyfits now (by height not weight) but were ready for the scenery the convertible seat would allow them to see!

Joolsplus2
07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
The RA50 is short for the Roundabout 50, it's really the same size as the Marathon, and is a good choice.

The Graco My Ride 65 is also a seat that may fit in that car.

You can try seats in your car at Babies R Us to see how they work, just leave your license at the front desk.

And a good guideline is that you want a seat that rearfaces to 35 or 40 pounds, then forward faces to 50 or 65 pounds and has top harness slots about 16-17 inches tall. It's recommended to rearface to at least age 2, and forward face to about age 5, and most of the seats with those limits will do that (except the Evenflo Titan, it has high limits, but is a very small seat).
:)

BeccaB.
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I have an Evenflo Triumph. I like the fact that it has a knob on the side to easily loosen and tighten the straps. Also, I get confused about all the different models, but the one we have is nice and soft. And the price is great!

:yeahthat:

zukeypur
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a marathon and I love it. It's so easy to install and DD says it's very comfy. Alot of people are finding it on clearance at Target right now too.

christiedavid3
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
We went from the SafeSeat 1 to the Boulevard and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that seat. I love the no-rethread harness, awesome LATCH connectors, SIP headwings, and it's so cushy.

codex57
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
We went from the SafeSeat 1 to the Boulevard and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that seat. I love the no-rethread harness, awesome LATCH connectors, SIP headwings, and it's so cushy.

I love that about the Blvd too, but the straps (especially with the HUGS) drive me bonkers.

Our Recaro Como, despite all the complaints from people on here, is actually preferred over the Blvd by me.

DW likes the Blvd over the Como tho.