PDA

View Full Version : Dum@$$ Target Advertisment

ha98ed14
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
I just got an email from Target advertising their latest sale. The subject line was "Happy Homemakers." :ROTFLMAO: As though I find my joy in my dirty laundry, dirty dishes, cleaning the toilet after DH misses, scrubbing pet puke and poop out of the carpet, scrubbing kid puke and poop out of the carpet, and all the other jobs that homemakers get to do. I do it cause it needs to be done, and I try not to complain about it out loud (that what the BP is for!). But please Target, don't tell me to be happy about it. All I can think was that this advertising slogan was written by a person with a penis and a WOTH job! :rolleye0014:

ETA: This ad does not make me want to shop at Target, dummies!

kransden
07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
You just haven't been taking your "special" pills to make it all better. ;)

niccig
07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I got that email too and I was like "Happy WHAT???" as I look around at the mess that I have to deal with....and I can't wait for DH to get home to do some of the dirty jobs either...he tells me "you grew up on a farm, and I know you've dealt with worse, so I think you can dispose of the dead rat in the backyard/clean up the dog/child poop/puke rather than wait for me to get home to do it"

Sigh...I call myself "poop-girl" as I get all the dirty jobs. So, no Target I am not a Happy Homemaker!

MamaMolly
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Personally, I get tremendous personal satisfaction from cleaning up pee, poop, snot, old food, etc. after a full grown adult and his offspring. :eek:
.KIDDING! HAHAHAHAH! Stupid, stupid, stupid Target. Is it freakin' 1956????? Pass me a martini and valium, please.

Tammydw1
07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Grrrr....I am so tired of men assumming what I do all day sit on my A#%! My oldest child which is my husband by the way is 38 years old, then the kids are 15, 13, and 7. Ironically, my husband is the neediest child I have. Which still stumps me. I lived with him for 2 years prior to us getting married and having a family and I had known him since I was 8 years old. My mom told my when I was living with him, "I don't care how long you have known him or how long you live togther, it's not going to matter. He will change once he gets that ring on your finger. You are going to think you married a stranger." I told her then, she has no idea what she is talking about. I know my man. WRONG.....I had to eat crow and admit she was right. Once we got married, he got amnesia. He use to help around the huse all of the time. One would cook, the other washed the dishes, etc...Now, he claims he don't kow how to cook or clean. Almost 20 years later, he still hasn't gotten his memory back. My favorite excuse that I hear all of the time is "Its better when you do it. Or it tastes better when you make it. That one goes for even heating a can of ravioli. Like I have some magical power over the heat button in the microwave. And yet he is the first one who claims I do nothing all day. Cooking and cleaning is not REAL work. But yet when I was working full time, I still had to do all the cooking and cleaning. :bowdown:LOL...:bowdown: So yeah I am tickled frickin' pink doing this all day. Thank God for happy pills. :thumbsup:

citymama
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Seriously RIDICULOUS!

Wife_and_mommy
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
LOL. ITA with you but I do endeavor to make my job of caring for my family one that brings me joy. Do I succeed at that very often? Uh, a big, fat no to that one but I recognize it's because of my attitude problem and not the work that I'm doing.

happymom
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Reminds me of the slogan for Always maxi pads- "Have a Happy Period" Yeah right.

ha98ed14
07-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Reminds me of the slogan for Always maxi pads- "Have a Happy Period" Yeah right.

:ROTFLMAO: Anyone know how long that advertising campaign lasted?

frgsnlzrds
07-15-2009, 06:53 PM

:yeahthat: That is EXACTLY what I was coming to post! :hysterical:

gatorsmom
07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
You COULD be a happy homemaker if you had a shirtless Brad Pitt lookalike to watch trimming your shrubs while you sipped martinis and popped happy pills all day. Maybe you should write to Target and let them know that that's what they should focus on providing to make us homemakers happier....

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-21-2009, 12:57 AM

:ROTFLMAO:
Men should NOT be allowed to write ads pertaining to things involving women.

Maybe we should write e male enhancement commercial. For all you short short men....