PDA

View Full Version : ISO camp chairs

ourbabygirl
07-15-2009, 11:23 PM
We're going to up to a cabin next week and I need to get DH and myself a couple of folding 'camp/ camping' chairs. (The ones that fold like an umbrella stroller; some sort of aluminum legs & canvas to sit on.) Any recommendations on where to get good ones for a good price? It would be nice to get the ones w/cupholders, if possible. I figured I'd check out Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, and possibly REI & Dick's Sporting Goods. Maybe also Bed, Bath, & Beyond? Any idea who would have the best selection & price? I'd love to just go to one store, as I'm carting around our little one ;).

TIA!

iowavb
07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
A few weeks ago we got Dora ones at Menards and they were having a sale on them for $6. They have cupholders and are perfect size for my 3 y.o. (who is tall for her age). They come in a bag with a shoulder strap and she carries it herself!

justlearning
07-16-2009, 02:27 AM
I've seen folding camp chairs at many stores--REI, Dick Sporting Goods, etc.

We already have four regular ones but I did just purchase two canopy camping chairs from Sams Club. They were pricey--$35 each--but I liked the fact that they provide sun protection. I also liked that these chairs fold up very easily and become a backpack so you don't have to try to fit them back in a bag (I always struggle with the bag). The ones we bought are the Kelysyus XL Folding Canopy Chair (can be seen on Amazon).

These chairs are oversized, which I thought would work well when we hold our kids on our lap at events. But they're also much heavier than regular chairs.

DH used it for the first time at DS's baseball game last week and said that he did like how it provided protection from the sun but that he wished it protected the back area too--the sun still hit his neck. Overall, though, he was glad he had it instead of our regular chairs. In fact, DH had taken both chairs with him and ended up letting a friend borrow one while DH held our son on his lap because his friend was so hot sitting in his regular chair.

On Amazon if you search "canopy chair" you'll see other ones available as well. It really is a great idea IMO--I don't enjoy sitting out in the sun for long periods of time so this chair appealed to me.

infomama
07-16-2009, 03:40 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?Ntk=Products&QueryText=chair&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&Ne=2510&nyr=1&N=4450&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=60027&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=9051&feat=9051-tn&cat4=9925

GraceH
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Menards had them for $5 w/ cupholder, but I don't think that sale is still going on, however, they have a decent selection (armless, arms, footrests, cooler/storage arms...) at reasonable prices.

BTW, I got a cute little kid armless one for $4.88 at Cabelas a few weeks ago (avail. blue w/ yellow legs or pink w/ lt. pink)

prego08
07-17-2009, 12:48 AM
You can usually find them on sale at Sports Authority for under $10. I think we bought ours there a few years back for $5 each.