PDA

View Full Version : Another "look how cute Junior is in his new carseat" photo

Snow mom
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Of a 10 month old in... (well, why don't you guess)

a graco turbobooster. Do people not even read the box when they buy a carseat? "Oh, this one is red and has nifty armrests. Should suit Junior just fine." The clip to hold the shoulder belt is way over his head so what have they done with it? Tucked it under the armrest of course! I'm starting to think I need to just remove this person from my facebook friends. It's clear she's going to do whatever she wants with her son, even if it's unhealthy or dangerous.

Neatfreak
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh my gosh! I kinda of wish that I hadn't read this!

Melaine
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
This is really amazing, and sadly not an isolated incident as we know...
Apparently, some people spend less time thinking about a car seat purchase than I spend looking at the nutritional facts on a box of cereal. I mean, I know I over-think some of our bigger purchases, but do they think AT ALL????

egoldber
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I have seen people whose kids could barely even sit up trying out booster seats at BRU. :( Most people simply do not know.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
When it comes to children and seafety, parents need to pay attention! I see LITTLE kids (under one) in boosters and I want to SCREAM at the parents how unsafe it is. MUST resist mommy drive-by.

ha98ed14
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
It's funny; I cannot ever remember seeing an infant or young toddler in a booster, but I see 1 year olds and up still in the bucket carriers. Their knees reach the end and their legs dangle off the bottom. A friend of SIL does this. I'm not sure if she thinks she is getting her money's worth or what. She has 3 and in preggo with 4th.

HIU8
07-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Someone I used to work with did that. She was carrying her DD around in the bucket seat and her DD's head was at least 2-3 inches above the top of the seat (as in clearly not being protected by the seat). She was way way to big. I never said a thing to her b/c it simply would not have mattered. I had 1 DC and this was her 4th so she felt like she knew best.

elliput
07-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Post this link on your FB

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a?rss=1

DebbieJ
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
So did you say anythign to your friend? I'm sorry, but she is putting her baby at a HUGE risk and there is no way I would be able to keep my mouth shut.

SnuggleBuggles
07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I would say something big time about that. It's not even a wishy washy kind of decision (like the AAP thing about when to ff) but the manufacturer of that booster seat don't say it is for a 10m old! Yikes!

Beth

newg
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe you could play dumb......."wow! I didn't know anyone made a booster seat for a baby, I thought a kid had to weigh at least ______ (I have know idea how much they should weigh......but I know it's more than a 10month old !!)
That is so cool.....(eventhough it's really not....)
I was told to put my child in a convertable seat and then a booster.....hmmm..."

Maybe they'll double check things and figure out on their own........

Ceepa
07-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Tell her the booster is not designed for a baby and suggest she get a covertible until the booster becomes needed.