PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning nursery furniture

RMessinger
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Do you need to use special cleaners for the dresser/crib? I know there's pledge and typical wood cleaners, but are they safe for a baby?

I feel like I"m getting increasingly neurotic!
:yay:

Andi98989
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm planning to continue using our Method wood cleaner. Haven't really thought about it much ...

newg
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I would think any of the enviromentally friendly wood cleaners would be fine.....method also has an all-purpose cleaner that I use on the wood kitchen table and sometimes on Dd's furniture.......I clean the diaper pail with a lysol wipe

prego08
07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
honestly, i just take one of DS's wipes and clean everything with that.:shrug:

zephyr
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
I just use a cloth towel moistened with plain water. I really don't want any type of fumes and chemicals on stuff that baby could potentially chew on.

RMessinger
07-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I just use a cloth towel moistened with plain water. I really don't want any type of fumes and chemicals on stuff that baby could potentially chew on.

Yeah, this is what I was concerned about. My cleaning lady doesn't speak English that well, so I have to be very clear. Maybe I'll have her use the regular wood cleaner on the changing table/dresser, but tell her not to use anything on the crib. I feel like the baby isn't going to be biting the top of the dresser, but may nibble on the crib... eventually.