PDA

View Full Version : We need a new swing

glbb35
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Our swing broke yesterday and we are desperate to get a new one. Recommendations????

We have twins and need one that is durable and worth the cost. I have looked up some on line recommendations and some of the smaller ones (portable) seem as good to use as the large swings. We are looking into the following:Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing, Boppy Rock In Comfort Travel Swing, or the Fisher-Price® Precious Planet™ Cradle Swing to name a few. I like to be able to move my swings as the kids move rooms frequently. I also want one that swings well and the kid will enjoy.

Thoughts, suggestions, deals?

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09

kep
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
We have had good luck with anything FisherPrice. We currently have the Little Lamb Cradle Swing and the Precious Planet Take-Along Swing. Both are super.

Vetchic
07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I vote for the papasan because I believe it is plug in. I hate wasting money on batteries.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
07-18-2009, 10:06 PM
we have 2 of the fisher price rainforest swings and they have been worth their weight in gold because they plug in. The newer precious planet swing looks the same but they took away the plug in option - go figure. Having to replace all those sets of D batteries would cost us a fortune and who needs that when you're already buying diapers and formula X2. :)

BeccaB.
07-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I vote for the papasan because I believe it is plug in. I hate wasting money on batteries.

:yeahthat: But only some of the Papsans plug in. You can check the box or the Fisher Price web site to find the ones that plug in.

gatorsmom
07-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Both my twins hated the FP Takealong swings. We received the Ocean wonders Takealong as a gift and a friend lent me her older FP Takealong swing. They hated them both.

I've had EXCELLENT experience with the basic Graco open-top swings (they don't plug in but I rarely had to change batteries).

I've also had excellent (no, make that AWESOME) experience with the Graco Sweetpeace. I really think the Sweetpeace provides more for the money (comes with swaddling wrap, the base can stand alone as a bouncy seat, Graco infant carseats can be used in the swing instead of the base, can plug in, has excellent, speaker-like sound quality, etc.). Weight limit is 25lbs.

neeleymartin
07-19-2009, 09:11 AM
if it's a fp swing you can replace the motor for $30/shipped. we did that. it came quickly and easy to put together. you can order online from mattel. hth

we love our fp. but it's full size and not a breeze to move.

gatorsmom
07-19-2009, 11:18 AM
if it's a fp swing you can replace the motor for $30/shipped. we did that. it came quickly and easy to put together. you can order online from mattel. hth

Oh, I completely forgot. Graco will do that too. We had to do that with our Graco open-top swing. We used it so much and a friend used it for awhile too that the motor just gave out. Same as fp, it was $30 or less to have them send a new motor and we put it together quickly too. If you really like your swing, that might be worth looking into!

longamkl
07-21-2009, 07:33 PM
We love it and still use just as a seat (a safe place to strap one in while I change the other). It plugs in and my son slept in it at for months (had reflux and being upright was important). The vibrate option on the stand-alone seat was really useful.

We also had the Boppy Rock in Comfort and we did not like it - it broke down. btw, we used Sanyo rechargeable batteries for everything. They come in AA and AAA sizes with sleeves that make them fit in C and D compartments. They do wear out more quickly than disposable C and D batteries but we just kept extra sets of AA's charged up and ready.