PDA

View Full Version : Koala Baby Sheet Savers (BRU)?

babychi
07-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Did anyone use these and have any reviews? I'm considering the plush ones (quilted chamois material) from BRU for my little one's crib. Are they worth it...do they really soak up spit up, etc. so sheet changes aren't quite so often? Thanks!

BayGirl2
07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I bought the Koala Baby ones from BRU. I pre-washed them and the seam came unraveled so I returned them. The quality seemed pretty bad. I don't remember what material they were, it felt like a terry, maybe some kind of cotton.

I've heard sheet savers in general are a good idea. We are only using the PnP and CoSleeper at this point. The sheets get dirty, but changing them is no harder than changing the sheet saver. I think with the crib its harder to get the sheet in and out.

That said, some that I've seen seem to protect against spit up, I'd be worried about diaper leaks too. So I guess I'd want a bigger sheet saver, or two, one under the head and one under the butt. Otherwise I'm sure we'd have a mess from the opposite end of wherever the sheet saver is positioned.

mskitty
07-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Did anyone use these and have any reviews? I'm considering the plush ones (quilted chamois material) from BRU for my little one's crib. Are they worth it...do they really soak up spit up, etc. so sheet changes aren't quite so often? Thanks!

I have both the terry ones and one of the chamois ones. I really like the chamois one and plan to buy another as its so soft. They do have a nearly waterproof backing so they don't soak through from just normal spit up.

I like the sheet savers because my little guy spits up after nearly every feed...but only has a diaper blowout once or maybe twice a day requiring a sheet change. Its a whole lot easier to change the sheet saver than the whole sheet.

mskitty

sunshine873
07-17-2009, 05:54 AM
I haven't used those, but I have the Especially for Baby Cotton Flannel Multi-Pads. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2838923
They're waterproof, soft and big enough to protect the sheet. I used them in DD's pack n play when we first brought her home and now in her crib. They come 2 in a pack, they wash up nicely (on delicate) and I hang them to dry. I've been pretty happy with them.

naniluns
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
What holds these in place?

I actually LOVE the feel of the Koala Baby Deluxe Sheet Protector but it won't fit in my crib since my crib has a solid back -- I can't tie all the ties. I love the feel of them so much i'm thinking of sewing two together so one will always be under each end of him...