PDA

View Full Version : What happened to The Jumparounds?

Fairy
07-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm finally posting here cuz I've exhausted any other resources I could think of. The Jumparounds videos were on heavy rotation on Noggin, DS and I really loved them, and while I know many parents truly hated these previews, I saw alot of value in them. I couldn't believe the visceral hate for these on Parents Connect and, in fact, my whole search for these has left such a sour taste in my mouth. Anyway, they stopped very abruptly, the website domain is up but the content is down, and I cannot find any kind of information whatsoever as to the disposition of this show. I did find some of the videos on a Nick page kind of "hiding," but that link no longer works :irked:.

I do not want to debate if The Jumparounds were great or awful. We like them. I simply want to know if anyone knows if they're gone for good, coming back in a repackaged format or what. Any information I'd really appreciate!

Ceepa
07-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Fairy, they may try to retool it and bring it back at the end of the summer, but it wouldn't surprise me if it quietly disappears.

MamaMolly
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
DD Loves Lazytown, which makes my eyes want to bleed but since she loves it we watch it. It also disappeared to be replaced by Ni-how. Which I've already seen toys for in Target :irked:

I'm sorry your DC's favorite show is gone. :(

amandabea
07-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Too funny, my DH asked this exact same question yesterday. If you find out let me know.

spanannie
07-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I had never heard of them before . . . until watching Tori and Dean . . . I believe they had them at their son's 2 y o birthday party.

Fairy
07-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I had never heard of them before . . . until watching Tori and Dean . . . I believe they had them at their son's 2 y o birthday party.

This is actually a good lead. Sometimes these producers will talk to the general public, and I'm really serious about finding the videos, even if that means I dub them from somewhere. Thanks for this.

Anyone else? I mean, I thought there would be a Variety article or something, but Googling gets me nowhere other than ParentsConnect viciousness.

malphy
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I just saw a commercial and it looks like they changed the name from the jumparounds to "Th freshbeat band".

cindys
07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
LazyTown is gone?? :( :(

Fairy
07-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I found something:

http://www.zooglobble.com/archives/radio_and_tv/the_jumparounds_fresh_beat_band/

southern_kali_gurl
07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Commercial said The Fresh Beat Band will be starting on Nick on August 24. I liked the old name.

Fairy
07-17-2009, 05:10 PM
FINALLY. Yes, they're now the Fresh Beat Band, and I agree, that name sucks. But I see what they've done now, and it's interesting.

http://www.nickjr.com/shows/the-fresh-beat-band/index.jhtml

They now are being previewed by targeting the parents and not the kids. There are no more videos to see, and the Jumparounds domain is gone. They now are showing the educational, social, and musical value of the Fresh Beat Band, very very specific stuff, and a music curriculum! I am impressed. I'd imagine they had to reshoot a ton of stuff.

I am very happy this is coming back. For one thing, I love Shayna Rose and am happy she has work. For another, I really do see value in this show for my son. He absolutely loved these videos, and he said to me in the car one day out of nowhere, ya know what Mommy, friends give friends a hand. That means you should help them. Straight from the video, guys. I mean, he knew that, but the video made him think about it. I'm looking forward to August 24th.

Thanks to all who helped find them!

-- Fairy

pinkmomagain
07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Fairy, I know you didn't want to start a debate...and I don't either. But I don't understand what the controversy was with the Jumparound previews. Could you explain? Just curious.