PDA

View Full Version : ARGH. What happened to my cute and sweet DS?

sidmand
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes, he turned four.

I should be happy in a way that apparently it's very developmentally appropriate to be a nightmare when you turn four, right? :)

We left the Bass Pro Shops today (went for the first time 'cause I thought it would be fun for him). After he ran off outside and I couldn't turn the stroller around fast enough and actually totally lost him for a minute (after telling him we could only go outside if he listened and stayed with me) I told him we were going home. We had to go the WHOLE way back through the store, up the elevator, out the front, into the parking lot and into the car with him screaming and crying at the top of his lungs "No, stop it. I want to stay in the store. No, stop it!!!!!" Hitting me, hitting everything he came in contact with...

Which he continued about 1/4 of the way home. He calmed down. Actually asked to take a bath (that's never happened). Seemed to turn back into his sweet self...for about an hour.

Then DD reached for a bucket of toys and DS pulled it out of her hands and into the air. Then he yelled at her "No, stop it!" (Need to work on new words since I tell him to stop it but really don't like hearing it back!!)

Then she was playing with another toy while he was doing something else. He took it away from her and threw it in the toy box. ARGH. I feel like I'm constantly telling him he's going to need to go to his room or putting him in his room lately. And I feel so bad for feeling like that.

Although we just realized today that we stopped Zyrtec a few weeks ago and now his eczema is flaring up and he is getting up earlier too. Maybe this has more to do with being miserable and itchy then it does with being four? He's had a lot of changes lately, school ending, turning four, summer starting, daycare starting...I chalked it up to the change in routine but I'm kind of hoping the Zyrtec may have had something to do with it...I want my little guy back!

Melaine
07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this....I'm also sorry for myself that I keep hearing you guys talking about 3 and 4 being really bad.

I mean, are you trying to kill me?

MamaMolly
07-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this....I'm also sorry for myself that I keep hearing you guys talking about 3 and 4 being really bad.

I mean, are you trying to kill me?

:yeahthat: Seriously. DD has been an almost 3 troll this week. My angelic obedient child has disappeared! Defiant, bad attitude, hitting, breaking every rule she can come into contact with. And 3 and 4 are WORSE?????

Who knew 2 was a honeymoon? :crying: