PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever felt this?

gatorsmom
07-17-2009, 12:48 AM
My left breast hurts. I stopped breastfeeding about a year ago but I feel like I have a clogged duct. I get funny twinges of pain, like a little pinch, that started a few months ago and are slowly getting worse. Not bad enough that I even think about Tylenol, but I notice it. It's in the fatty tissue part. I can't feel a lump and neither can 2 doctors. My OBGYN has prescribed a mammogram and an ultrasound of my breasts. He honestly doesn't think it's any to worry about but it kind of has me stumped. What could it be? I've never gone this long without breastfeeding or being pregnant but maybe these twinges indicate normal changes in non-breastfeeding breasts? I'm a little concerned. I"ll be setting up those appointments tomorrow. I'm 37yo.

Any thoughts?

bubbaray
07-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Yup. Mine started while I was still BFg 2x/day (so, partially weaning). Also in my L breast. Mine is more deep in the tissue near the ribcage. No lumps. Had a mammogram this spring and everything is fine. My dr is also stumped. At one point, I had heart tests b/c it seemed to get worse when I was stressed. She keeps telling me its muscles under my chest, near my sternum. Except, the sternum is the breast/chest bone (where you do CPR, in the middle of your ribcage). My pain is on the lateral/outside.

I dunno. I would go have the u/s and mammogram and maybe ask for some heart tests (mine were all bloodwork).

GL!

gatorsmom
07-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Yup. Mine started while I was still BFg 2x/day (so, partially weaning). Also in my L breast. Mine is more deep in the tissue near the ribcage. No lumps. Had a mammogram this spring and everything is fine. My dr is also stumped. At one point, I had heart tests b/c it seemed to get worse when I was stressed. She keeps telling me its muscles under my chest, near my sternum. Except, the sternum is the breast/chest bone (where you do CPR, in the middle of your ribcage). My pain is on the lateral/outside.

I dunno. I would go have the u/s and mammogram and maybe ask for some heart tests (mine were all bloodwork).

GL!

Good to know I"m not alone!! I'm pretty sure mine aren't heart related. I"ve been seeing a cardiologist since Gators' birth because of an arrythmia that developed. It has slowly been getting worse and I've gone through extensive tests because of it. I know what that feels like- this "pinching" is definitely in my breast tissue.

grrr- I hate getting old. I'm going to be needing some new parts soon.

bubbaray
07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Mine feels more like a stabbing pain. Not pinching. Not like the pinching of a mammogram, for example. More like a prolonged shooting pain.

Yeah. Getting old is sooooo much fun. Not.

FWIW, my dr didn't think mine was heart related, though *I* did, b/c mine is definitely worse with stress.

Karenn
07-17-2009, 01:44 AM
I had this. Got the mammogram and everything and there was nothing there. New, better fitting, wireless bras helped a lot.

frgsnlzrds
07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I had breast pain linked to caffeine. Try cutting down on coffee and chocolate! LOL That was VERY hard for me!