PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for godchildren

ourbabygirl
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Just wondering how many godchildren you have, and how you handle gift-giving. When do you give them a gift, and when do you send a card or call? How much do you spend on gifts? Do you eventually phase these things out over the years, when they get to a certain age?
As of now I have 3 godchildren (all boys), and I've been spending about $20-$30 on them at Christmas and again on their birthdays. I also send cards for Halloween and a few other holidays (along with maybe some stickers inside), but it's starting to add up and I don't know if it's necessary. Our own DD didn't get anything special from her godparents for any holidays, just small gifts at her baptism. And I haven't gotten anything from my godchildren for holidays or birthday (not that I want or expect anything!). Now that I'm staying home and not making an income, I'd like to get a better handle on spending and not go overboard, but also not be stingy.
Could you fill me in on what's typical in your situation?

TIA! :thumbsup:

SnuggleBuggles
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I got a gift at baptism and that's pretty much it. I wouldn't expect more but if I were the godmother I would probably send a birthday gift or at least call/ write. Otherwise, unless they are family (and I exchanged gifts with all family), I wouldn't worry about Christmas or other holidays. The cards are cute and I think you should keep sending those. My mom sends the boys cards on holidays and they get a kick out of it.

Beth