PDA

View Full Version : Does your DC wear "holiday" PJs at non-holiday times?

alien_host
07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Like Christmas PJs/Snowmen in July? Halloween PJs in December?

In the past I was against buying "themed" PJs b/c it seemed wasteful to just use them around the holidays, (i.e get a few wears, and then the holiday is over and they've outgrown by next season). DD has several winter themed PJs and just yesterday she picked her own combo and had short bottoms with a snowman top (not part of a matching set but that's a different thread I guess). It was just funny to see her running around the house in July with a snowman on ;)

What do you do with your holiday pjs? Put them away? Wear them all year?

SnuggleBuggles
07-17-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL! On the day of ds1's family b-day party we sent him up to get dressed and he came down in flannel pants and a Halloween PJ shirt. He declared it a PJ party and called everyone to come in PJs.

They get worn all year here.

Beth

kristenk
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
I usually give DD holiday pjs around the holiday, but they're fair game for pretty much any time. I think she wore Halloween jammies and snowman jammies last week.

Globetrotter
07-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Sure! my kids wear Hanna holiday/winter PJS year round, weather permitting :)

LarsMal
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Both of my kids picked out Christmas jammies tonight so I guess that would be a yes for us!

I figure if they fit- keep them in the drawer and get my money's worth out of them! No one sees them but us!

**Oh, and for the past two years our family video from Easter morning has our kids coming down the stairs in their Christmas PJs to find their Easter baskets! ;)

Nooknookmom
07-17-2009, 10:16 PM
It's still Christmas at our house ;)

elizabethkott
07-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh heck yeah! I only object if it's really weather inappropriate - like I won't let DS wear his flannel Christmas monkey pjs right now, the same as I wouldn't let him wear his summer pj shorts in November, KWIM?

Staraglimmer
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Yep! All the time! I go to TCP and buy all of the holiday PJ's when they go on sale! No one sees them but DH, DD, and I. Why pay more for PJ's without snowmen?

nupe
07-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Over fifty percent of our pjs are seasonal and we wear the
year round, regardless of season! Especially Hanna.

Octobermommy
07-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Definitely, we get as much wear out of them as possible. Plus dd is picky so if she likes something it is one less battle for me to fight.

MmeSunny
07-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Yep! All the time! I go to TCP and buy all of the holiday PJ's when they go on sale! No one sees them but DH, DD, and I. Why pay more for PJ's without snowmen?

I was just going to post this. The holiday ones are usually the same quality and after the "holiday" at least 50% off. Why the heck not?

justlearning
07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes and right now DS has Christmas sheets on his bed. :)

MMMommy
07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
My DDs have been fashion victims, wearing holiday ornament adorned pjs in the middle of summer. At least they weren't the heavyweight pjs, but the normal light cotton. They just happened to have ornaments on them, that's all!

kijip
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Yes, T wears Xmas themed hannas all fall and winter and F has an easter zipper I still use for him now, in July. A pajama is a pajama.

Asianmommy
07-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Absolutely! DD is wearing her flannel snowman nightgown in bed right now. It's cold in Chicago tonight.

s7714
07-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Um, my DDs wear their Halloween jack-o-lantern print dresses all year round out in public, so you can probably guess the answer to the PJ question. :D

hobie
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Not only was DS#3 wearing his 'jingle bell" jammies this week, but all of the boys have been dressing up in their past Halloween costumes. Who wouldn't want to have Christmas and Halloween all year?

bluestar2
07-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Yep. They wear them until they are worn out.

alien_host
07-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I guess it's Christmas in July! ;)

rlu
07-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I wear my orange owl sleep pants (clearance Target last Halloween) year round. DS likes owls. I still need to cut down the owl pair I got for him (bad mommy, at least he doesn't know I have them).

DS wears his holiday pjs until he outgrows them when appropriate. The flannel christmas sleep pants from Target the year before last fit (they were too big when purchased) are in his "long sleeve/pants pjs" cube in his closet. It's been so fraking hot lately he's sleeping in his briefs and we're scrambling to find a twin size sheet (normally he sleeps with a lightweight Thomas flannel blanket my sis made him). The twin sheets are "somewhere" in the garage. He's got a queen size sheet over him right now (and boy does it cover his toddler bed!)

kransden
07-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Mine no, I'll wear them for years. DD she wears whatever. If it makes her happy, what do I care. I didn't send the holiday ones to Girl Scout camp though.

baymom
07-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Wow--of course we do! DD is wearing x-mas pjs tonight. I wouldn't send them to pj day at school or a slumber party in them, but at home, of course!

citymama
07-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Yep! I generally don't buy themed PJs (DD lives in striped Hanna LJs) but we have some hand-me-down holiday PJs she wears when the others are in the laundry! I think comfy PJs are good year-round, whatever the print.

carolinamama
07-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Definitely. The only holiday jammies we tend to buy are around Christmas - Hannas. Worn year round. Christmas in July!

WitMom
07-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Nope, not at our house. I'm okay with it, but my DD is a stickler for detail. SHE won't allow it, lol.

Melanie
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
LOL, funny enough this AM Ds is wearing his red/white stripped Hanna LJs and Dd her green/whites.

So yes, they wear them other times, but they wear them for the first time on Christmas eve.

cono0507
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Last night my daughter slept christmasy green/white/red striped Hanna PJs! And the night before she was in a Gymbo pair that says "Snow Bunny". WHatever works! :)

SASM
07-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes. Pajamas are pajamas. DD's fave pair is a long sleeved light-up holiday-themed Cinderella pair. I am just lucky is I can get ANY pajamas on the child, so I do not care what is on them as long as she is wearing them. I hate the thought of getting the cute pj's, they wear them for maybe a month, and then into the donation pile they go...doesn't fly for me.

LD92599
07-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Definitely. All. the. time.

hellokitty
07-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, and 75% of the time my kids' pj's don't match anyway (they insist on picking them and then there are instances where the top or bottom gets soiled, etc.).

Happy 2B mommy
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
DD wears whatever happens to be clean!