PDA

View Full Version : Just sad

infocrazy
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
We found out today that DH will be changing shifts. We knew he was going to end up on nights but we found out today that it is really Tue-Fri 4pm to midnight and Sat 1pm to 9pm. The Saturday is just the killer.

That means we will have Sunday, 3 hrs on Monday and 3 hrs on Saturday as a family. I won't even see DH Tue-Fri except maybe an hr in the frantic morning...and none of us, DS' included aren't morning people.

This has really been a terrible few months and this is just the last straw. I'm just so sad.

TwinFoxes
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Wow, that does sound really tough. Is it permanent? I have no advice, but wanted to offer you support.

MMMommy
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
That's a tough schedule, and I am sorry about that. Hopefully it won't be permanent.

pharmjenn
07-18-2009, 03:14 AM
I am sorry to hear. The Saturdays are definitely going to be hard. Not only should shift work never start the next shift earlier than the day before, he will be getting little rest before going to work that day. I work graveyard shift, and don't see my DS much on my working days.

To make the best of your time together, I would suggest keeping Saturday mornings at home, and any family outings on Sunday. Good luck and hope it doesn't have to last too long.

MCsMom
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
:hug5:

Like the PP's said, I hope this isn't permanent.

frgsnlzrds
07-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Adding my wishes that it's not permanent! I feel your pain though, my DH works retail and on days that he doesn't leave at 8 am and come back at 6 pm, he leaves at noon and comes back at 10:30 pm. And on sundays he leaves at 9am and comes back at 7:30pm. It makes the time with the kids really hard, but we've learned to adjust. Plus, since he only ever gets week days off, we can take advantage of free days at museums or go when there are less people because everybody else is at work. (Well, we used to do that until we moved to nowheresville!) I hope you find a new rhythm that works well for your family!

DietCokeLover
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm so sorry. That sounds really tough.

Hugs to you.

AJP
07-18-2009, 08:38 PM
So sorry...that is tough. :22: For all of you! I know how hard it is to adjust to crazy schedules and hope you find a way to make it all feel a little better.
AJ

jgenie
07-18-2009, 09:36 PM
:hug: So sorry - I hope it isn't permanent.