PDA

View Full Version : has anyone machine washed a lamaze toy?

neeleymartin
07-18-2009, 08:39 AM
we have so many of the infant toys from lamaze. you know the brightly colored, with black and white accents. spike the dinosaur is a favorite. he is rather dirty from being played with inside, outside and falling out of the stroller with two little guys.

it says spot clean. but has anyone put one of these in the washing machine and dryer before? results? the ones that i would like to wash do not have any mechanical parts. how come i can wash some stuffed animals and not others? any info would help. tia

doberbrat
07-18-2009, 09:58 AM
yup. into a stocking bag and in the wash (and dryer) they all go.

Reyadawnbringer
07-18-2009, 10:02 AM
We machine wash all our Lamaze toys- we have Freddie the Firefly, Jacque the Peacock, and the Peak-a-boo Surprise Cube. The only thing I have noticed from machine washing and drying them is that the mirror part on Freddie and Jacque have worn off, so you can't really see in them anymore. Also, Freddie's wings don't stick staight out anymore, they are a little more floppy, but my son doesn't seem to mind it. Freddie is his favorite so we wash it pretty frequently. One thing I DO make sure I do when I wash and dry it is we have a small "delicates" bag that I put those toys in and I wash them in the delicate cycle. I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but I figure it couldn't hurt anything.

Good luck!

zag95
07-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I machine washed the Freddie the Firefly- he dropped too many times on the wet ground when getting DD out of the car!

The only casualty was that he no longer has a mirror!

s7714
07-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Yep. I usually throw them in a pillow case before tossing them in the machine. My rule is if a toy that gets chewed or spit up on can't withstand being machine washed then it doesn't need to be in my house. ;)

spanannie
07-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, I have washed all of our Lamaze toys. Hand wash cycle of our front loader. I've even soaked in oxi clean. They came out beautifully. I just let them air dry.

swrc00
07-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes, I have washed all of our Lamaze Toys. I do put them in the dryer for a few minutes and then let them air dry.

neeleymartin
07-18-2009, 08:07 PM
thanks you guys. in the wash they go. i can't wait to see them all clean. thanks again.

poppy
07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks for this post. I wondered also.

What about Tucker the Turtle--his whole side is one big mirror.
Did anyone wash him?

Reyadawnbringer
07-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I am not sure about that particular toy but the peek-a-boo surprise cube has a mirror on one who side and for whatever reason when I wash that one I have no problem with the mirror. This is just my experience though, i wouldn't want you to ruin a toy on my word. :D