PDA

View Full Version : Summer video monitors - day & night handheld

ninanina
07-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have a new Summer day and night handheld color video monitor? I have one from when DD#1 was born 2+ years ago and it worked great until 6 months ago when it stopped holding a charge. I found a good deal on a new one at target ($145) and it held a charge better but the dimmer didn't work. Rather than dim, it would just fade to black. So, I found an even better deal on one at Amazon (115) and the dimmer doesn't seem to work properly either. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions you know of? We keep DD's room dark with darkening shades but I don't think that's it b/c the old one (when I can get it charged!), still dims like it should.

PCARN
07-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi- I have the Summer Day and Night handheld and experienced the same problem. In fact, I brought it back to the store and exchanged it thinking it was just a defective monitor. Since then (knock on wood!) it's been better but the new monitor's color doesn't seem as sharp as the one I brought back. I was tempted to exchange this one as well but am afraid if I did I'd wind up with another defect! I have to say though that the new one still doesn't seem to hold a charge for a long period of time (longer than the one that was returned but still not that long). I wonder if it's a product flaw in general. How long does yours hold a charge? Frustrating isn't it?