PDA

View Full Version : WWYD: almost 1 yr DC bite my nipple.

moonsky
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
BF was fine till DC has an upper tooth. Now, I have a crack on my nipple and plugged duct. I was planning to wean soon but it is a week shine of the birthday. So, can I switch to cow milk at this point or I need to hang in there one more week? Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2009, 03:06 PM
You could go to milk but if you want to continue nursing, there are ways to successfully continue that relationship longer. A firm "no" and removal from the breast is a good thing to try if it is an intentional bite. Also, you can be aware of their cues- I could always tell when my boys were turning meal time into play time and would take them off.
eta-I would personally keep nursing b/c of the plugged duct. YOu want that worked out and baby can help. If you don't get it under control it could turn into mastitis. No fun.
Beth

mecawa
07-18-2009, 03:49 PM
When DD#1 did that I would pull her off and stop our nursing session (she was about 10-11 months when she did this) she seemed to get the hint after a few times of doing that. If it's only a week shy of the 1st bday it is also safe to wean to cows milk if you would rather do that.

brittone2
07-18-2009, 04:01 PM
also, if you pull them in toward your breast vs. your instinct to pull away, it usually helps.