PDA

View Full Version : We're going to be on TV!

MMEand1
07-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Here is the link to my daughters little news piece!

http://www.woai.com/content/news/beamer/story/4-Year-Old-SA-Runner-Finishes-4th-5-Kilometer-Run/93y3p8p7vEuUs8a1NLJtyg.cspx

Oh, and her official chip time was 45:45!!!

We had a race today. It was a Women's 5k run and I thought it would be fun if my daughter and I did it together. They were looking for male volunteers, so my husband and son were volunteers. We got out there and met up with my bosses wife. This was her first 5 k race. She did a relay with us a few weeks ago, but it was only 3.01 miles, not the 3.1 that constitutes an official 5k.

So anyway, after the race, the emcee said that he wanted to recognize a special participant. He then called up my little Zsa Zsa! He said that she was the youngest runner (she is 4) and that she provided a lot of motivation for all the other runners and showed everyone that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Everyone was clapping and cheering.

After the awards were over, we wanted to take a picture of Zsa Zsa with the Emcee. He graciously agreed and then introduced himself as one of the newscasters for a local tv channel here. I would not have known because we have not been here that long and I don't usually watch the news (I read about it online) because I just don't have time to sit down in front of the tv.

So he grabs his video camera and says that he wants to get some video of the kids and then interview them. He then starts asking me some questions on camera and gets our names and spellings! He tells me that it will be on tv on Monday night and on their website probably Tuesday!

I am so proud of my kids and their accomplishments and all the hard work they put forth! My Zsa Zsa got a personal best today at just over 46 minutes! That's a 5 minute improvement over her last race!!! She is an amazing little girl and I love her so much!

Happy 2B mommy
07-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow, that's great! I hope you get copies of the broadcast for when she is older.

AngelaS
07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Very cool!!! WTG!

jgenie
07-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Congrats!! I :heartbeat: reading about your kids' running adventures!!

MMEand1
07-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks mama's!! I just added the news link from her little run! She still does not understand the gravity of running and how exciting it is for me to watch her do so well!!