PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Wii Active?

Pennylane
07-18-2009, 08:12 PM
If so, how does it compare to the Balance board? Can I really get a decent workout from it??

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001MBUGLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247962245&sr=8-1

Thanks,

Ann

frgsnlzrds
07-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know how to quote from another thread, but here's what I said about it:

I like active more than I like wii fit because it's more of a continuous workout. So far, there's been drills in basketball, tennis, volleyball, and boxing. I like boxing the best, but I'm getting the hang of tennis. I don't like basketball so far. You use a resistance band to do all sorts of arm exersizes: bicep curls, bent over rows, overhead thingys I don't remember, etc. There are tons of leg exersizes: lunges in every directions, jumping, and lots of running in place. There's dance, which is really just like step from wii fit with arm movements. You can make your own workouts or use one of the preset ones. I hope that helps!

And here's what ohiomom1121 said about it:
Also, I definitely like it more than Wii Fit. I think you can get a better workout. I do think the band that comes with it is not very good...I need to buy one with more resistance. Wii Fit has some fun balance games and the hula hooping is fun, but definitely not going to replace any regular exercise IMO.

elephantmeg
07-18-2009, 09:43 PM
It's a better workout than the wii fit. I do miss the stretches from the wii fit though!

TwinFoxes
07-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Wii Active is a workout. Wii Fit is more like a game. You can work up a sweat on a few games in Wii Fit, but Wii Active is an aerobic workout where you'll more likely than not work up a sweat. Wii Fit is more "fun" (you play games) and if you want something kids can do too, I'd go with Wii Fit. Wii Active can actually be kind of hard.

You can use the balance board with Wii Active as well.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Active is far more of a real workout. I love mine, but it has been too hot to do anything lately!