PDA

View Full Version : Not to offend AT ALL but...

alexsmommy
07-18-2009, 09:27 PM
does anyone else feel like a little bit of a loser hanging out here on a Saturday night?

I am wiped out. Done. I am killing time until I can put the kids to bed. I have 500 things to do but I am too tired to do them well, so I am hitting my favorite blogs and catching up and reading far more threads here than I usually get to while they play. The weather is not great here so usually I'd be hanging out in the back yard but it's a little cool. T.V. stinks tonight and ther isn't anything OnDemand that is worth the rental fees to me. I'm too tired to knock out another chapter of the novel I'm reading. This is one of the few Saturday nights this summer that we don't have something going on and I am so glad.
Yet I feel a tiny bit pathetic posting 700x's too.

Octobermommy
07-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I am recovering from the flu, so that is my excuse but it is not like I would have had exciting plans anyways. I am bummed there aren't more people here.

KrisM
07-18-2009, 09:33 PM
At times, I do. But, like you, I am just so drained at the end of the day, nothing on my todo list will get done when the kids are in bed. It's much better for me to do it earlier in the evening.

tonight though, we are on the way home from a party and I'm on my new netbook on the freeway. Gotta love that!

hellokitty
07-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Well, I'm a very pregnant loser. I don't go out much at night on a regular basis, but I've had bloody show for the past 24 hrs and it's killing me that I have not gone into active labor yet, b/c my entire body hurts and I'm sick of being pregnant. DH and I are just watching a netflix movie and playing on our laptops, which to be honest is not that unusual for us on a Sat night...

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I would like to be out and about right now but dh is out of town. I was going to invite a friend over to watch movies and share some wine but she went out of town. I didn't feel like looking harder for a fun activity. I'm cool with being here though. :)

Beth

gatorsmom
07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
LOL. That is so funny. I've thought that before (how pathetic am I at home on a Saturday night?) But I honestly don't feel that way. It actually feels like a HUGE relief. I think if I were home EVERY saturday night, though, that I'd actually FEEL pathetic. :ROTFLMAO:

alexsmommy
07-18-2009, 09:56 PM
You all are making me feel better. I think what is getting me is I typically post and once I have responded to anything that caught my fancy, then if there are already responses before I log off I may post a second time to the same thread. Tonight I feel like I am having a converstion with several different people LOL.

DS2 in bed - one down, one to go!

Sending labor vibes your way hellokitty. Come out come out little boy! Mama's tired.

m448
07-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Nah not really and in fact I consider it a personal victory LOL. The kids were in bed by 8pm, the baby's asleep in my bed and I'm here on the couch vegging with DH while watching some grown up TV. But I long ago gave up on that whole "must do something cool on the weekends" mentality. I go out when I want to, hang out at home when I don't and don't feel bad about either one. It helps that I have plenty of interests and hobbies that I do from home and that I tend to be a home body by nature.

dcmom2b3
07-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh yes. With a capital "L". Feel a little bit better b/c I (we) have a date tomorrow. But the 85 million things that need to be done between then and now won't do themselves. Get thee behind me, laundry.

DebbieJ
07-18-2009, 11:18 PM
well, if you're a loser, then I am too.

But I do have the washing machine going. Pulled out the newborn stuff today!

BabyMine
07-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I love it. The kids are in bed and it is Quiet.:yay: This is me and DHs movie night.

bubbaray
07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
I spent so much time in the sun today at the lake that even my eyeballs feel crispy. That is my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

I feel lucky that DH and I are going out sans children every 3 weeks or so. THat's a far cry from the ZERO couple time we had for the past 5 yrs. I'd be shocked and stunned if we did something every Friday and Saturday night.

LarsMal
07-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Normally I would, but we actually took the kids to a baseball game tonight. I should be in bed but I have to get my BBB fix before I can sleep!! Majority of Saturday nights- yes, big loser, except I don't have the energy to go out and do anything fun anyway. Plus, my boobs can't be away from C for more than a couple hours!

happymom
07-19-2009, 12:13 AM
I dunno, I'm glad to be lounging around in my pj's right now. No interest in gallavanting. And besides, there are some fun threads on here tonight!

TahliasMom
07-19-2009, 12:25 AM
i'm a single mom so on the weekend i have dd i tend to stay home. sometimes i have friends come over, sometimes i cherish just being left alone, my two kitties. i'm catching up on emails, interesting threads and a book "the three cups"

on the weekends i dont have dd i tend to be a little active but dont really have a social life...lol. i tend to catch up on work, house chores, other stuf.. big L

kransden
07-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Nope, not a bit. It is nice to have a quite evening. DH and I were never party animals.

kijip
07-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Well for NAK-ing mama, this is the best party in town.

Seriously, the highlight of my day today was picking up T's new glasses and buying burritos for dinner on the way home.

It's a totally rockin' life. :jammin:

deborah_r
07-19-2009, 03:57 AM
We never go out, so I'm fine with it. I'm at peace with my loser status.

A few weeks ago, I had actually gotten free tickets from someone at work to go to a concert. It happened to be 2 days before our 15th wedding anniversary. We realized we had never been to a concert together! (So I guess I haven't been to a concert since about 1993.) The concert was Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at the Hollywood Bowl and it was great!

We ended up finding a great babysitter for that night (one of the teachers from the daycare), so maybe we will be able to go out more in the future!

maestramommy
07-19-2009, 01:54 PM
I have spent many a Saturday night here. The reason I haven't been on lately is because I have a nb that won't let us put her down!

maestramommy
07-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I feel lucky that DH and I are going out sans children every 3 weeks or so. THat's a far cry from the ZERO couple time we had for the past 5 yrs. I'd be shocked and stunned if we did something every Friday and Saturday night.

Melissa!:bighand:Glad you finally found a sitter!