PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem with their DD and her balance bike?

Karenn
07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Every time DD (4 1/2) rides her balance bike for an extended period of time, it really (really, like screaming in pain) hurts to pee for the few times. Then she's fine again. This last time I tried padding her seat, but that didn't help much. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this with their little girl or had a solution. She's not going to want to ride her bike if this keeps up!

toby
07-19-2009, 03:28 PM
You have probably already tried this, but would lowering the seat help? Also, this is probably not possible, but changing the tilt of the seat would most likely make a difference. Maybe take it into a bike shop and see if they have any suggestions- I'm wondering if you can replace it with another seat.

twindad
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Yes! We have experienced the same problem with our girls too. I almost came here to ask for suggestions several months ago, but never got around to it. We have found that when they are wearing cotton/knit pants or capris it seems to minimize the post-bike potty symptoms. If they are wearing shorts, jeans, or anything with seams that could ride up, they almost always have problems afterward. We've also noticed that if they are riding their bikes fairly regularly, we don't have problems, but if they are getting back on their bikes after a couple days of not riding, we do have problems.

Hope that helps!