PDA

View Full Version : How do I get FF tether points added to a car?

MommyAllison
07-19-2009, 02:26 AM
I just realized that DH's car doesn't have any FF tether points, after needing to move DD's Marathon in there for a few days last week. The car was given to us, and does not have it's manual (grrr...), so how do I get tether points added? It is a Chevy Lumina, probably a '99 or so. Thanks!

ETA: I know my post is old, but I finally called the dealership and they are checking on it, but said that last time they tried, the parts had been discontinued and they couldn't get them. I did give them the service bulletin # you gave me in the post below, Julie. Is that true or is he confused?

Joolsplus2
07-19-2009, 11:24 AM
You need to tell the dealership to reference "Technical Service Bulletin #99-09-40-004 from January 2000" and that says you get one free anchor and they will install it free for you. They don't have part numbers listed, because they change them too frequently, or I'd give that to you. Good luck!
In the meantime, install as tightly as possible, in the center with the lapbelt or outboard, and use the shoulderbelt lockoff, it's sort of like a top anchor in that it holds the top of the seat a little more steady.

mom2binsd
07-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I recently had to get two TT for my IL's Buick (a 97), when I called the dealership the young guy had never heard of it, but once I explained what it was he was fine. I even suggested he look at the newer cars to see what I was talking about too which helped. He said they might have to charge for the second but when I explained we needed two to safely attach the carseats he said no problem...the parts arrived in about 4 days and FIL installed both in about 30 min.

MommyAllison
07-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Thank you both! Thankfully I have some time, as we have my car back, and DD and DS won't both need to ride in DH's car at the same time anymore, which means DD can rf in the scenera in there. Whew :)

I will give the dealership a call with the info and see how it goes. Thanks again!

MommyAllison
02-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Bumping with a new question in the OP (yes I know my thread is old, but because it has all the pertinent info, I am bumping rather than reposting everything)