PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise Question

LD92599
07-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Figured I'd ask here and i'll head out cruise critic too....and after being on several DCL cruises before, i should know the answers!

But, for those that have done DCL, did you pack any "extra" clothes, costumes for the special parties? I know there's a Pirates night so i want to be sure to bring a few things for DS For it. We weren't prepared for it at all last time!

Thanks/Laura

HallsofVA
08-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi there! If you haven't discovered the Cruise Forum on the disboards.com, you should look there. It's an overwhelming amount of information, and can answer any question you have.

As far as your specific question, yes, we did pack extra clothes. The kids both had some pirate related clothes for pirate night, though I didn't go as far as pirate costumes, etc. Just hats, props, etc. They offer special photo ops on Pirate Night with and without Capt'n Jack Sparrow, and the coolest ones are where the entire group is dressed in pirate garb.

For DD we also brought several princess dresses that she wore on different nights of the cruise. Her doll also had matching outfits for some of them. I think she ended up being "dressed" everynight for dinner and pictures, between the princess dresses and the dresses she had for formal and semi-formal night.

With the weight restrictions on luggage these days, I cut out some of the extras, but still found room for these "costumes" to help the kids remember the magic.