PDA

View Full Version : Maxi Cosi Mico, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, & Evenflo Titan Elite

jeng1107
07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on these three car seats?

We are considering the Quinny Buzz as a stroller, so if we end up getting it, we would need to get the Maxi Cosi since it is compatible. As for the Peg Perego, my husband and I fell in love with the design and it looks very comfortable for the baby. The Evenflo Titan is really tempting because of the price and I've read pretty good reviews on it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
07-19-2009, 08:14 PM
If forced to choose between the Mico and Peg, I'd choose...something else ;). No, seriously, the Mico, mainly because you can leave the handle up in the car when driving, and it's lighter than the Peg. They both have 'puzzle buckles' which I find maddeningly complex to buckle when there's a child in the seat, so make sure you can tolerate that. The Chicco Key Fit or Snugride 32 (Teutonia T Tario 32 is the same but much nicer fabrics) are considerably nicer seats to install and easier to use every day. The Britax Chaperone and matching stroller also look pretty nice, but have only been out a short while, so reviews on them are slim to none.

The Titan is a convertible seat, you won't need one of those for a long time (6-12 months depending on how fast your baby grows out of the infant seat), and it's ok for a super-budget/travel seat, but look for something a little larger to really get a seat that you will enjoy using for about 5 years, like a Britax Roundabout 50 or First Years True Fit.

babychi
07-19-2009, 08:31 PM
We were contemplating the Peg also due to compatibility with the BOB Revolution, but have been talked out of it. Yes, it's gorgeous, but it's not the easiest to install, the buckle is impossible, and it's HEAVY! A friend that has one is transitioning her four month old to a convertible seat already because the SIP headwings are too tight and her baby screams at the angle of the seat.

We are going with the Chicco Keyfit and have found that, although not "officially" compatible, it will work with the BOB. I'm due in December and since we live in Chicago, it's only likely that we will use the car seat with the stroller a few times before the little one is ready for full-time stroller use. It's not like we will be strolling around outside in winter. Personally, I'd go for the best infant seat and the best stroller for you, regardless of compatibility. Or just use a snap and go for the first few months.

arivecchi
07-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Personally, I'd go for the best infant seat and the best stroller for you, regardless of compatibility. Or just use a snap and go for the first few months. This is very wise. Having said that, I had the PV and liked it. I did not find it difficult to use or install. I have not had any other infant seat to compare it to though. I pretty much only used the infant car seat in the car so the weight was not an issue for me. I'm not a huge fan of infant seats in general though and only used it for 5 months with DS2. We moved him to a Britax Blvd and he likes it a lot better than the PV.

AnnieW625
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Just thought I'd through the Evenflo Triumph Advance into the mix for the convertible seats, it's the next step up in price from the Titan Deluxe. We had the prior seat, the Triumph 5 and really loved it; the tension knobs, install, and quality of the seat were great. They have made even more upgrades to the fabric of the EFTA. The EFTA has a 50lb weight limit and I think a height limit of 48"; like the other two Julie recommednd it should last till at least 4 or 5. We didn't have a stroller frame as I had a regular stroller for DD when she was an infant, but for the most part we were very happy with our Snugride 22 (except we have the one that has the back adjusting straps, which can be a pain; don't recommend the $80 models at Target or Wal Mart because they will have them).

HIU8
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
On the other hand, I hated the PV with a passion (I had one manufactured in 2004 for DS). It was difficult to install and heavy even without DS in it. Plus, I made the mistake of buying the travel system with the matching stroller and I could never get the carseat to click in like it was supposed to. I stopped using the carseat in the stroller and just put DS in the stroller. Turns out DS hated the PV as well. We ended up switching him to a MA at 11 weeks and he was so much happier.