PDA

View Full Version : PixOs

niccig
07-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I bought DS the starter set today. He liked doing it, and preferred to use the tweezers rather than the pen - good fine motor skills practice. Any advice on how to get them dry, we wet them then waited for a while and then I finally put them outside in the sun. I had to use the template card to get them off the tray.

Any suggestions for how to get them to dry or get them off the tray? How to store all the exta palls that you haven't used yet. I've get them in the small bags they came in close up with tape.

Thanks.

nupe
10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Okay so we got these yesterday from Michaels. Annoying.

THe pen only holds 4 colors and the set comes with 6 colors. THen the pieces didn't really stick. Then there are all the extra beads that don't fit in the pen, in now open bags, that you are supposed to keep dry.

DS didn't have any trouble with it except for figuring how to use the pen. I don't like having to load/unload/spill/pick up beads, especially with a younger child in the home.

Now despite some vigorous spraying, some beads did not stick together.

I see on amazon that you can buy things to hold extra beads etc. But I just wanted a quick project for my 5yo, no a semester long thesis!

I think it is a painful toy for a 5 yo.

ETA: All this for an almost 20 dollar kit (less with the 40 percent off coupon).

alien_host
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I've bought a few small sets/refills at Target when they were 75% off but now I'm worried that they aren't useful/or are painful to use!

Storage...how about empty/dry baby food containers/jars? Or Ikea has a cool plastic box with dividers. Craft Stores have beading boxes that you probably could get inexpensively.