PDA

View Full Version : HELP me reclaim my family room

ArizonaGirl
07-19-2009, 10:59 PM
This is probably a bit weird but my DS will not nap in his crib. We put him on a pillow in a recliner and he rolls sideways and sucks his thumb which generally works, but I need my recliner and my family room back.

The funny thing is that he sleeps great at night goes down at 8:00 - 8:30 gets up somewhere b/w 3:00 - 5:00 eats then goes down until 6:30 - 7:30.

I thought it maybe because his room was too light but I got really thick room darkening shades about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't helped a bit.

I think he likes the enveloped feeling of the pillow and laying on his side. I used to swaddle him but he is a wild sleeper and his blanket or swaddler would be off in 15 minutes or less:D

Someone please advise me so I can get my sanity and my family room back:wink2:

BabyMine
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Have you tried thos bumpers that go in front and behind the baby?

happymom
07-20-2009, 12:46 AM
My DD also likes being cuddled- she is 7 months and currently sleeps swaddled and on her side in a sleep positioner. Which swaddles have you tried for him? Because it sounds like something he should really love. Maybe try a different brand and see if he gets out of it too? I should warn you though, once you get him used to the swaddle or sleep positioner, it may be hard to "wean" him off of them eventually. That is what we are dealing with now. Sigh.

Btw, I just saw on your ticker that your son is almost 7 months. If he's not rolling off the recliner now, he will be soon. So that sleeping arrangement isnt going to work for much longer anyways!