PDA

View Full Version : Verizon users ... what model is your cell phone?

slworld
07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I have been using my Motorola Razr for almost 4yrs now. Its time to get a new phone (the battery cover on mine keeps coming off). There are so many models out there, I am looking for some recommendations. What model is your cell phone and what do you like/dislike about it (signal, charge, ease of use, is it compact enought to fit in the pocket, features, etc.).

Thanks much

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Env Touch.

No real dislikes. The camera is great, a full qwerty keyboard, good reception, the battery life is pretty good, but not amazing.

happymom
07-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Env Touch.

No real dislikes. The camera is great, a full qwerty keyboard, good reception, the battery life is pretty good, but not amazing.

I always prefer an LG phone over a Motorolla. And I've had both btw. You can go to verizonwireless.com and view all the cell phones and compare them too. Very useful. I need a new verizon phone too- I think I might go with the LG enV3. I'm only hesitating because I like flip phones- I find them easier to talk on and also the buttons don't get pressed when in your purse. (I know you can lock the buttons but then you have to unlock them to dial!)

Here's what I look for in a phone- dunno if this helps you-

decent camera ( the enV3 has 3 megapixel)
decent battery time
decent size- not too small because I like to be able to find it easily in the big black hole called my purse!
QWERTY keyboard is nice but not necessary

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-20-2009, 02:49 AM
One of my best friends for over 25 years is deaf, so we text a lot. I need the qwerty, and use it a ton. I use the camera and video a lot, too. Check reviews on Verizon's website, too. One of the Samsungs got HORRIBLE reviews!

pinkmomagain
07-20-2009, 07:07 AM
I always get very basic phones (w/camera) and I've always been happy with Samsung...I've never ever had a problem. My dh and dd both have LGs (different models) and always have problems.

SnuggleBuggles
07-20-2009, 08:20 AM
The absolute cheapest phone they had on the shelf. :) Some Samsung. It has been totally fine. Last phone was a Samsung too and I had no trouble with it.

Beth

pastrygirl
07-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I love my Samsung Alias! Full QWERTY keyboard if you open it sideways.

Mommy_Mea
07-20-2009, 09:01 AM
I have had my LG Env for well over two years, and I love it! :cheerleader1:

Every time I see this question posted somewhere (what Verizon phone do you have/love?), the Env is by far the most recommended phone. It has the full keyboard. It is a little big (I miss my tiny tiny little flip phone), but it makes it SO much easier to text. I don't miss that about my little flip phone!

elliput
07-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I have been using a Motorola Krave for about 2 months. It is a flip phone with a touch screen. It is about the same height and width as a Razr, but slightly thicker due to the touch screen. So far I have been pleased with it, but I am not one who is on the phone much.

DH has a very basic LG. We don't text so having a full keyboard is not important to use, but I know if we did we would both want full keyboards. I have quite a few friends who use the enV3. They seem to really like it.

mrshalco
07-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I have the Samsung Alias 2 and I love it - I've had it for about 3-4 months. It's a smidge bigger then the regular Alias but my keyboard changes when I open it in flip phone mode or in message mode. No complaints so far!