PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Table

Cuckoomamma
07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
We just started planning a trip for Mid Sept. to WDW. Dh is going on business, and we're tagging along. Oddly enough, I was able to make 2 reservations for dinner at Cinderella's Table. We are on the deluxe dining plan with dh spending 5 of our lunches on business. We, theoretically, would be okay spending the two credits, but now I'm reading that the dinner isn't so great.

As great as my luck has been with the dinner, I've had no luck coming up with a breakfast or lunch at Cinderella's Table. What would you do? We have two girls, 8 and 4. Should I cancel one of the reservations and just keep trying for something else or keep it?

TIA

egoldber
07-20-2009, 06:22 AM
I think the dinner does not have Cinderella and that is why it was available.

IMO all the food at WDW is mediocre compared to what you pay. You are paying for the experience, not the food.

If you want to see Cinderalla at dinner, you could try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian hotel. Or at Akershus (Princess Storybook dining) in Epcot you will get a variety of princesses at dinner and it sometimes includes Cinderella.

clc053103
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Look at it this way- You would still be spending 2 credits on breakfast or lunch too. I agree that the food isn't all that great though we had lunch, but it was a neat experience to do just once.

If you really would prefer the b fast or lunch for Cinderella, just keep trying- check the on line ADR system for it every day, particularly at the 45 day mark (theory being that at 45 days out, people have to put in their final Disney payment, or cancel- which opens up some reservations).

billysmommy
07-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Cinderella is in the throne room (lobby) for pictures at all the meals.

The dinner has the mice (Susie and Perla) and the Fairy Godmother, they do a little show and then the mice come around to each table.

Breakfast and lunch have the princesses coming around to each table (there are typically 4 princesses who go around the restaurant) We've done breakfast there twice and the first time saw Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Belle and Mary Poppins, the 2nd time it was the same except Jasmine was there instead of Mary Poppins

This breakfast and the one at Tusker House were my DH's favorites of the whole trip

Rainbows&Roses
07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I think most people have a lot of problems burning all their deluxe credits, so even with your DH using some for business, I probably wouldn't worry about that.

You could keep trying for lunch or breakfast, but don't cancel one of your dinners till you have another reservation.

Cindy is still there in the throne room for dinner which is as good as it gets for lunch and breakfast (she never comes upstairs to my knowledge.) We saw Cindy at every possible venue at our last trip and the Castle Cindy is definitely the A-list Cindy. If my DD was going to believe in the Disney magic of princesses, that was where it was going to happen as she was stunningly beautiful and very fairy-tale like. The other Cindys were kind of a let-down after that!

We ate there for lunch and the food was quite mediocre, but it was a fun experience. I am not sure we would do it again unless my DD really, really wanted to.