PDA

View Full Version : short napper??

twowhat?
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
How can 1 hour TOTAL of naps per day possibly be enough for a 10-month-old who sleeps 10 hours at night?? I know it's not enough, she is cranky and falls asleep easily in the car without affecting her nighttime sleep. She falls asleep on her own (no sleep crutches)...she just wakes up too soon! I'm putting her down at 10am and 2pm. Her sister will sleep 1.5 hours for the AM nap and 30 min-1hr for the PM nap, which seems more normal to me. How do I get her to sleep longer??? I am trying to let her CIO when she wakes...it's not working! It's driving me insane because I have to put them down for naps in separate rooms, which means I only get a limited area of the house in which I can get stuff done when they are napping...not that I get much of anything done because she doesn't nap long enough!!

slworld
07-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't have any advice but DS is the same. He just turned a year old and will only nap for maybe an hour. He has always been a poor napper. He gets exhausted and cranky by dinnertime and needs to be in bed by 7pm (that seems early to me since all the other kids around us have a 9pm bedtime, of course they nap for 3hrs or so). We did notice that his naps improved a bit when he became more mobile (started carwling around 9-10months) but he still continues to be a poor napper.