PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for an october family vacation

skohng
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
i know this is a broad question... we were originally going to disneyworld, but now want to wait until ds2 (who is 20 months) is old enough to enjoy/remember it.

We were playing around with the idea of going to orlando anyway. is it weird to do that without going to WDW?

Any other FL destinations?

Any other suggestions for an early october trip? we're flying from chicago. ds1 will be 4.5 and ds2 will be 23 months.

SnuggleBuggles
07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I had a hard time being in Orlando and not going to WDW. We did go to Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon but it wasn't quite the same.

What about some other FL destination, like Sanibel Island? Haven't been there myself but my friend goes every year.

Does it have to be somewhere warm? You could rent a house on a lake and just partake in fall stuff and relaxing.

Beth

HIU8
07-20-2009, 08:02 PM
What about one of the keys? I have never been to sanibel Island, but DH has and he said it was nice. You could also just do Miami and go to the beach and sea world and butterfly world and do an everglades tour.

clc053103
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
another vote for Sanibel, we go every oct w/o kids but it is a kid friendly place. Some of the places have kids camps during the day or individual activities to give you a break.

Fairy
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh gosh, New England for Fall colors. I couldn't get enough. FLOVE.

What about Tennessee? Pigeon Forge, Smokey Mountains? 'Course, that's all the opposite of warm ...

Momof3Labs
07-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I can't see going to Orlando with kids that young and skipping Disney. Universal is for older kids (moreso than WDW). They'd probably like Sea World, but that is expensive so might as well do Disney.

We did Sanibel last October with our kids and it was nice. Quiet that time of year, many places to stay on the beach. Not a ton of island entertainment for the kids so we did more entertaining. At WDW, all you do is walk around and the entertainment part is taken care of.