PDA

View Full Version : Restoration Hardware Cribs

sunshine11
07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Hello,

I am looking at the Rowan Crib from RH Baby & Child. Can anyone provide feedback on this crib...or any cribs from RH? I have heard mixed reviews on their customer service, but would love more feedback, especially since you have to order their furniture sight unseen.

Thanks in advance!

baby0913
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I was also considering ordering a crib from RH Baby and Child. They don't have any stores near me but they do have a Restoration Hardware outlet which I called periodically to see if they had any of the baby stuff in stock. One day they had an armoire which I went to see just so I could get an idea of the quality of the furniture. I was disappointed with what I saw (dented wood, chipped paint, and overall a cheap backing on the armoire) so I decided not to order my crib and dresser from them (I ordered the Karisma line by Romina). Now, this was a piece at the outlet so maybe it ended up there because it had flaws, but I wasn't willing to take a chance.

I did recently order a side table from RH baby and child and some light fixtures (wanted to use the $100 off $400 coupon). Overall we were happy with the light fixtures, but the table was very poorly made. It is a white table and if you looked at the joints where pieces of wood were put together, you can see yellow glue that had leaked out and was smeared over the white paint! very sloppy and not what I would have expected from RH. I called to complain and they offered me either a replacement or 10% off - she didn't seem suprised either when I told her about the problem.

From what I've seen, their quality does not match their prices.

coloradocutie
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
we bought the conversion crib. love it... though it took 3 cribs to get it right. the first was marred, so it was sent back with the delivery company. the second (replacement for the first) got sent back b/c the finish flaked, but rh customer service was amazing and exchanged it without any hassle. the #3 was the winner and we love it. a pediatrician friend said it was "the most solid crib he has ever seen!"