PDA

View Full Version : DH is so cute when........(finish the sentence!)

newg
07-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Gotta give DH some props sometimes!! He can just melt my heart with some of his daddy moments.....

So here's mine......

DH is so cute when he sits with DD in his lap and combs her hair after she has a bath.....he styles it, makes sure it's tucked behind her ears, and uses the "short, gentle strokes" I showed him so he doesn't hurt her....:kisscheek:

shawnandangel
07-22-2009, 09:05 PM
DH is so cute when he takes DD out to our blueberry bushes and bites one in half and gives the other to DD.

Cam&Clay
07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
DH is so cute when he does all the movements to Wiggles songs just to amuse DS2!

MMMommy
07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
he picks out clothes for DDs. Nothing matches, everything clashes. It's just funny.

ourbabygirl
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
...He throws her up in the air and flips her back and forth. He's great at all the high-action stuff that she LOVES (it makes my arms hurt, but he works out, so it's nothing to him). I think she's going to be a little daredevil some day. He's also great at making her giggle when she's supposed to be settling down for a nap :tongue5:.

MamaMolly
07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
when he sings to DD. He can't carry a tune to save his life, he doesn't even know the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. But he sincerely tries. :heartbeat: :kisscheek:

jent
07-22-2009, 10:30 PM
He's definitely cute with DD, but by far the cutest was when he took charge of putting my 8m/o niece to bed when we babysat last week... he sang to her until she fell asleep and then gently scooped her up and put her in her crib. So sweet!

TwinFoxes
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
...he comes home from work and his face lights up when he sees his girls. And their faces light up and they crawl as fast as they can to see him. :love5:

MontrealMum
07-22-2009, 10:57 PM
DH is so cute when he pretends to be all sorts of animals to amuse DS. He knows he looks completely silly, but he'll do anything to make DS smile. He also can't carry a tune, but will sing at the drop of a hat. I'd never heard him sing before - even in church! - but at least he knows the right words; which I never do! :)

BeccaB.
07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
when he sings to DS and makes up his own songs because he doesn't know any kids songs.

kijip
07-23-2009, 12:03 AM
We are not cute people.

But it is touching when he sings to the kids. And rocks F to sleep. And collects news articles for T that he thinks will interest T. It's amusing when he makes his totally futile attempts to quell T's particularly strong family cowlick (everyone in my family have a spot of hair that sticks up unless really long and weighed down). It's hilarious (but sweet) when he tries to cook dinner that is not breakfast for dinner. For a man that can make a nearly flawless puff pastry and make homemade bagels, his inability to make dinner becomes silly rather than frustrating.

Happy 2B mommy
07-23-2009, 01:38 AM
... when he reads his technical manuals to the kiddos to lull (bore) them to sleep!

citymama
07-23-2009, 02:34 AM
These are adorable! It's all pretty cute - but my favorite is definitely when DH and DD make our Saturday pancake breakfast and let mama sleep in. Love it. :loveeyes:

sunshine873
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I love this thread!

DH is so cute when we're in a public place (like at Carrabbas last week) and he makes all kinds of goofy faces and noises just to get DD to smile. It's especially cute because he wouldn't be caught doing something like that before she was born.

He fell for her hook, line and sinker and I think it's adorable watching my big, tough guy turn into jello when DD is around.

Ceepa
07-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Dh is cute when he gets up early to make DC pancakes into shapes as a surprise.

JTsMom
07-23-2009, 08:58 AM
DH is so cute when DS falls asleep in his arms, and he doesn't want to move him to bed b/c he just wants to hold him. :love-retry:

boolady
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
We are not cute people.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about us. DH loves to garden and do the yard, and has got DD totally into it. I love hearing about their trips to the nursery, the hardware store, seeing them kneeling out their with their gloves on picking weeds or mulching or doing whatever it is they do out there.

HIU8
07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
DH is so cute when he takes DD for her swim lesson.

DH is so cute when he and the kids sing "here we go steelers, here we go!"

crispychicky
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
he picks out clothes for DDs. Nothing matches, everything clashes. It's just funny.

My DH does that too! Some of the outfilts clash so bad, they actually look good on DD!

Gotta love DH! :hug5:

ahrimie
07-23-2009, 12:30 PM
We are not cute people.

Hahaha, same here.. well, DH isn't that cute. But it's very nice when he does EVERYTHING DD related on Sunday mornings at church. I am always busy practicing or doing other church related things so DH watches DD while we practice (praise music), rushes her off to Sunday School, then picks her up, pushes the stroller, with our huge LV diaper bag in tow. :)

maydaymommy
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
DH is so cute when he tells DS made up stories.

DH was also really cute on vacation with DS, keeping him occupied for long amounts of time, playing trucks and trains.

DietCokeLover
07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
..... when he makes surprise trips to take DD to the park, packs a picnic and pushes her on the swings.

...... when his eyes light up when he hasn't seen DD or DS all day and we come home to him.

maylips
07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
....when he gets up and dances with her to "Grease." Because he is a HORRIBLE dancer and he does it with such abandon, it's adorable.

...and when I see them going for a walk together - something about seeing them from behind, a little girl and her big, athletic daddy that just melts my heart (especially if they're holding hands).