PDA

View Full Version : help with MA install

Melarina
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
So DH moved DD's MA rear facing behind the driver's seat in our Honda Accord today so that we can install the Snugride on the other outboard side in the back for when DD arrives.

My question is this -- the recline on the MA does not seem to be at a 45 degree angle as we had worked to get it when the MA was in the center seat. Is this a problem? Her legs look so squished up against the backseat now. However I know it is safer to keep her RF with less leg room than to turn her FF.

TIA for advice -- would love to see pictures of properly installed RF MA also is anyone has some!

chays
07-23-2009, 09:38 PM
The MA does not need to be at a 45 degree angle RF for an older child. In fact, most are happier when they are more upright! Just make sure that she's comfy and you should be fine.

Cheryl

Snow mom
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Yes, as PP said the recline on a MA can be anywhere between 30-45 degrees for an older child. I imagine if you are installing it outboard more upright will work better (to allow the front seat to slide back a bit farther.)

HIU8
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
:yeahthat: both DS and DD preferred being more upright around 10ish months. As for legroom, they both either propped their feet on the seatback or they hung their legs over the sides of the carseat. to be honest, FF with legs dangling has been more of an issue for DS and he is begging to go back RF (he is 37 lbs so he can't in our MA).

Melarina
07-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Awesome news on the recline info -- I noticed where it said 30 to 45 degrees in the manual but also read that the seat should be in full recline when installed RF, so that was confusing to me. If it's OK that it's not fully reclined as long as it's at least 30% then we should be good. Thanks!

vonfirmath
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
The "Must be in full recline when rear-facing" has to do with the "Recline vs not" rocker on the seat itself. It must be in the recline part of that rocker. (Put the seat on the ground, pull the handle out and try both to determine which is "reclined") But once the seat is reclined that way, you can install it at the more upright angle.