PDA

View Full Version : Albee Baby Experience

indigo99
07-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Just wanted to post my recent experience.

I placed an order when they had a 15% off plus free shipping promotion. Received an email that one of my items was out of stock, but the email implied that the rest of the order would be held until it could all be shipped together. I emailed back and asked that the products that were in stock be shipped. No reply to my email, but those items did come in the mail.

When the box came, I found that I had received a bassinet pad instead of the portracrib pad that I ordered (my receipt and amount paid were correct for the portacrib pad). I emailed about the problem and waited a few days with no response (email is apparently not the best way to contact them).

Then I made a call. The rep was nice on the phone and said that I could just keep the bassinet pad that I had received. He didn't know if they had a portacrib pad to send but said that I would either receive the correct pad or a refund. This kind of left me in limbo, but it wasn't a problem since the baby won't be here for a few more weeks. While I had him on the phone, I also asked about the backordered item and said that I would like to cancel the item rather than wait indefinitely, but he said that it was being mailed out that day. I finally did receive the correct pad and my backordered item.

Overall, it was a messy, drawn-out transaction, but I'm happy with the outcome since I finally got what I ordered along with an extra waterproof pad. I wasn't happy with the lack of response to my emails and felt that they could have been a little more clear about when I could expect the backordered item (never did receive an email notice that it was in stock or shipping). If I was in a hurry to get the ordered items then I would have had a problem, but the rep on the phone was friendly if not completely informed and did fix the problem to my satisfaction.

Claki
07-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Interesting! I'm glad it worked out in the end. I emailed them a question two days ago and I have yet to see a response. I guess I will be calling.

westamp
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
The best method to contact Albee is via the phone. I've found that they do not respond to emails. However, if you call them, they will fix the problem quickly.

Momof3Labs
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
I suspect that they were swamped with orders with that 15% off coupon. I ordered a BJCMD that ended up being on backorder. I e-mailed to find out an estimated shipping date, then called and left a message. No response to either. I called again 2 days ago and they called back quickly to say that it arrived and they would be shipping it that day. It is sitting on my porch right now, but I have to wait for DH to come home and lift it into the house!

So I'd suggest that you keep on calling until you get a clear response. I wasn't completely dissatisfied - the 2 week backorder was no big deal - but yes, they could have done better.

FooMama
11-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Anyone have experience buying cribs from Albee Baby? I could save $75 if I go through them, but, if I want to return it, they would charge a 30% restocking fee, plus I would have to pay return shipping. Is it worth the piece of mind to buy the crib locally and cough up the $75??

diegosmom
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I've ordered from Albeebaby in the past and never had a problem. I was thinking about ordering something and have been trying to reach them by phone. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the phone and it only gives me the option of leaving a message. Has anyone experienced this?

Sweetum
11-13-2009, 06:57 PM
About 5 months ago, I'd ordered a crib from Albee baby. I had already made up my mind about that crib (I was convinced I wanted that one, so no question of return unless there's a problem). I saw that Albee baby had the best price on it, and I ordered from them. This was not during any sales event. I received my order on time. But we couldn't open the package till 2 weeks later. And when we did, we found that the headboard was part broken and part cracked. We immediatly took some pictures of that and sent a detailed email to Albee baby. We also called. I think it was a sunday, so my husband just left a message on their machine. While we ddin't get a respionse to the phone message, that week, we got a response to the email saying that they would be shipping out a new part soon. they soon did, and it arrived on time - we checked everything and the crib is all setup and being used by DS. So, happy story from my end, although there was some tension initially. And this, I don't attribute to Albee baby, but to shipping of cribs - I can see how that damage could've occured unless it was really really handled well, which I doubt the shippers can. But again, this could've occured at the warehouse itself, and nobody checked it before it shipped. But at the end of the day, Albee baby stepped in and rectified everything, at no cost and not much loss of sleep.

-SunshineAndMe

FooMama
11-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the info, Sunshine. It's good to know that Albeebaby was helpful. Instead of ordering my crib from them, however, I called a local store to see if they would match the price. They did! They had the crib for $340 and albeebaby had it for $255. So, for the store's price of the crib, I got the crib, toddler rail and tax included. I was so proud of myself! :yay:

Sweetum
11-14-2009, 04:40 AM
nice move! :jammin: :bighand::yay: you definitely ought to be proud of yourself...I'll remember to ask for price matches next time :)

elektra
11-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Albee sent me the wrong thing once too. But as soon as I alerted them them sent out the right item, even before I had a chance to mail the first thing back. I thought it was handled ok.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Blake
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I have found that your local store will almost always match an online store price. But even if they won't i feel it is worth it just to have a local contact if there are any problems. Plus I feel good supporting local stores. I find it funny that people complain that there aren't any cool stores in their area but they are often the first people to run online to try and save a couple of bucks.