PDA

View Full Version : One day Disneyland in Aug with 20 month old

hrl227
07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Hello.

We are taking a trip next week to visit family about 1 hour north of LA. We decided on a oen day trip to Disneyland. I have a 20 month old, 11 year old daughter and 12 year old boy. We plan on visiting the park on a Monday. I refuse to go on a weekend. Any tips on rides for my 20 month old? He gets scared pretty easy. We were planning on getting their around noon or 1pm, and would like to stay until the park closes to see the fireworks. I know I won't be able to handle going opening to close. Do the lines tend to die down later on in the evening? What is the weather like the beggining of August?

JTsMom
07-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I've only been to WDW in FL, but I think most of this will still apply. The best time to go is first thing in the morning when the park opens, as far as lines go. After the first hour or so, lines grow a lot. A lot of us advocate going first thing, then taking a break, then going back. B/c you're only going for 1 day, I don't know if that will work for you, but it's something to think about.

There are lots of non-scary attractopms your DS might like- Small World, Dumbo, the train and Mickey and Minnie's houses come to mind. Do you think motion would scare him, or just "scary" stuff? If not, maybe the teacups would work. Is he afraid of the dark? If not, Peter Pan's Flight might be good.

todzwife
07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I agree with the PP.

If you can go first thing in the morning and leave earlier, you will get a lot more done.

Snow white and Toads wild ride are a little scary for younger kids.

Pirates and the Haunted mansion MIGHT Be, but my kids LOVED them both.