PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillectomy went well...

MamaKath
07-24-2009, 11:02 PM
My tonsillectomy went well yesterday. I am in a bit of pain, mostly from the swelling. I am home (in and out thankfully) with dh taking care of me. The kids went to my moms, I miss them but think they are having much more fun then they would have here. Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement with everything lately. You are an amazing bunch of people!

MontrealMum
07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Welcome home, Kath! Hope your recovery goes well, I've heard it's much more painful as an adult, so I'll be sending you lots of good thoughts. Is the Rx to eat lots of ice cream like it is for kids? For your sake I hope it is :)

KpbS
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Take it easy and get lots of rest. :hug:

MamaKath
07-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Is the Rx to eat lots of ice cream like it is for kids? For your sake I hope it is :)
Nothing creamy yet, so water ice, broth, and poached eggs so far today. Another day or 2 and I can move up to icecream. They just opened a Chik-fil-a in town, so I am figuring on a shake by Monday.

MontrealMum
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM
They just opened a Chik-fil-a in town, so I am figuring on a shake by Monday.

That sounds nice and soothing!

bubbaray
07-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Jello today, Ice cream tomorrow!

Good news!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
So glad to hear it! I need to get one, too. I am so scared.

FYI- Everyone I know that has had it done says, keeping it moist by constantly drinking ice water is key. Oh, and to not let the pain get ahead of you, take the meds before the prior dose wears of. Much easier to kill the pain before it starts.

:cheerleader1: