PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of Ridemakerz?

BabyMine
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I saw this on TV and was wondering if anyone has taken their children to it.

http://www.ridemakerz.com/RZ/default.aspx

brittone2
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, we took DS last year when he was 4 (there was one where we were vacationing). He absolutely loved it, but he's also a total and complete car nut! I told DH we should open a franchise locally ;)

We gave DS about $20-25 in spending money for our vacation. He opted to spend it on one big thing (the RideMakerz car) vs. a bunch of little stuff. He still loves the car he built almost a year later. It is a precious commodity to him, LOL.

DH and I went out for a date night one night of vacation (my parents watched the kids) and we stopped back into RideMakerz and picked up a few inexpensive accessory add ons for DS's car as well. We gave these as stocking stuffers.

It was a cool experience for DS and he's looking forward to going back in Sept when we go on vacation again. He already has his money saved up and this time wants to build a new car w/ an RC module. I tried to talk him into adding an RC module onto the car he already has, but he has a new one in mind :)

BabyMine
07-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I just emailed the company and begged them to open one by us.

almostamom
07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
We have one about 20 minutes from us. It's like Build-A-Bear but with cars. We took DS there a few weeks ago. He loved it! He picked out a pick up truck to make and we just added some basics that didn't cost extra. We haven't made it remote control yet, but we will when he saves up some more money from his allowance. We're even thinking of having his bday party there.

Linda

HIU8
07-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Do you think a 4.5 yr old would do ok at this? This looks seriously cool and my son loves cars!

almostamom
07-27-2009, 01:42 AM
My son is 4.5 years old. He absolutely loved it!