PDA

View Full Version : Munire Madison v. Baby Cache Heritage

ryanmom
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm deciding between the above two cribs. Besides the price, are there any big differences? Does the Baby Cache scratch easier?

Also, does anyone know about any coupons for either? Thank you!

Indianamom2
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know anything about the Munire crib, but I do have the Baby Cache Heritage crib in Chesnut and am very pleased with how it looks. It really is beautiful and very sturdy. I have only been using it officially for 10 days now (it's been set up for a couple of months though).

I don't have any complaints so far and I think it will make a very nice full-size bed someday (this from someone who generally doesn't like the convertible crib-bed look).

Good luck.

Christina

arivecchi
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
My Munire Oxford crib has tons of scratches and it annoys the heck out of me.

aliciamt7
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
We have the Baby Cache Heritage collection...LOVE IT. She's been sleeping in her crib since 7 weeks, she's almost 4 months now. We have the whole set and get a lot of compliments on it. No scratches yet, but she doesn't have teeth yet. So that remains to be seen!

I think there's a 15% one nursery furniture item floating around that expires 7/30. I got it in the mail, I don't know if there's a pdf for it somewhere!

IUGal
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I cannot yet comment on the quality of the Munire Madison furniture. However, after a ton of research, including information from Baby Bargains, personally contacting manufacturers, and speaking with baby store personnel, we decided to purchase baby/child furniture from Munire (Madison line). We also seriously consider Baby Cache by Munire. We were extremely excited about and confident in our choice.

On May 2, 2009, we ordered the furniture from a local baby store (not a chain). The store (highly rated in Baby Bargains) told us that it would arrive much before our due date of August 7, 2009. As of August 8, 2009 (today), the furniture has not even arrived in the U.S. The most recent date that we have received for the furniture to enter the U.S. is August 17, 2009. The date continues to be pushed back. According to Munire, there are "production problems" and "shipping issues." If you order from Munire, check with your baby store and have them call Munire to find out a realistic arrival date of your furniture. I suggest allowing as much lead time as possible. I have no idea if they are also experiencing issues with Baby Cache by Munire.

As far as I know, Munire did not tell the baby store that it was having production and shipping problems. In the end, I am hopeful that we will love our furniture. However, at this point, it is taking almost double the time to receive our furniture than we expected. And, we still do not have it.

I just want you to be aware of our personal experience regarding receiving our Munire furniture. Take it for what it is worth ... just one family's experience.

At this point, we will not receive our furniture until at least 16 weeks after our order date. We were quoted 10-14 weeks, but told Munire is "lightening fast" and would probably receive it in 8-10 weeks, and the store had no doubt we would receive it before our due date (8/7/2009).

Good Luck with everything!