PDA

View Full Version : No more Air Booster?

sariana
07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
It looks as though the Graco Air Booster is no more. I am so sad. We liked that seat and were hoping to get it for DS if he ever grows out of his Marathon (yes, the "if" was intentional--we have 2 lightweights).

I guess no one else liked this seat....

o_mom
07-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Really? I just saw them at our local Target two weeks ago after not having them for a year.

TBH, though, a child just outgrowing the Marathon would not be big enough for the AB. The seat is very deep and really it is more like a seat for an 8+ yo who has outgrown the TurboBooster.

Joolsplus2
07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I think Target sometimes just 'rereleases' some items when they find a pile of them in the back of the warehouse. They once had a pile of Maclaren Vogues about 2 years after those strollers were discontinued. I could be wrong, of course, but once a seat hits BigLots!, that's the death knell for it. If it had had a taller back with deeper SIP sidewings, I would have bought it. Or maybe if they sold it backless labeled for bigger kids...? It's not on the Graco site anymore, I think.

sariana
07-27-2009, 12:51 PM
It's not on the Graco site anymore, I think.

No, it's not. That's why I assume they no longer make it. I sent them an e-mail.

TBH, though, a child just outgrowing the Marathon would not be big enough for the AB. The seat is very deep and really it is more like a seat for an 8+ yo who has outgrown the TurboBooster.

You know, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing this comment before. We would have tried DS in it before buying it (and will do so when it is time, with whatever is available then). He is long in the leg, though. I think he still fits in the MA because his height is all below the waist, so his head is still well below the top of the seat. In fact, we still have another harness slot. So it may be a while anyway before we need to do anything. I would rather keep him harnessed as long as possible. DD is also small for her age, so she won't be needing to move out of her RA for a while yet, either.

sariana
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I think Target sometimes just 'rereleases' some items when they find a pile of them in the back of the warehouse.

This is scary. I'll have to make sure to check dates carefully before buying anything there.