PDA

View Full Version : Help: Question about the Britax BV and MA

ckso
07-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm debating between the BV and the MA. I know the BV has the headwings that makes it safer in case of accident. But my hubby argues that DD will not be as happy in it because the wings will obstruct the view out the window. That as she gets older, she's going to find it annoying to have "wings" next to her head....like a horse w/ blinders.

Is that true?? Cost isn't an issue cuz we got the BV for only $20 more than the BV.

Joolsplus2
07-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Most kids are absolutely thrilled to have 'pillows' in their seats, and are not troubled by the lack of view :). (good thing, too, since good head protective boosters have big wings and you'll want to use one of those as long as a kid fits in it, up to age 9 or 10).
Though the Marathon does tend to last a little longer because the top slot is taller than the BV's top harness position, and the Roundabout 50 is even a tad taller and has an adjustable crotch strap to be comfortable for kids as they get older (not that my skinny girl ever complained about her Marathon, but some very chunky 4 yo boys have found it uncomfortable and an extra inch for the crotch strap would have helped a lot).

AnnieW625
07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
We bought Elisa a Britax Frontier (harnessed booster) which has the headwings and she looks fine with them and she sleeps fine with them too; but now at 3 she also sleeps well in her Marathon. If I had to do it over again and knew of a place where I could get a BV for less than what I paid for the Marathon I definitely would (bangs head on desk for not spending a lot of time here 3 yrs. ago when pregnant and looking at carseats). I love the idea of the no rethread harness too!

http://www.diapers.com/Product/SearchResults.aspx?FreeText=britax%20boulevard&QueryFrom=Search&cm_mmc=Google-_-Gear%2FBritax-_-Britax+Boulevard-_-null-_-null&gclid=CPLwzMvg9psCFRMUagodr3kq-g

https://www.hipmonkey.com/Britax-Boulevard_p_5.html?gclid=CPSchZvh9psCFSIuagodQw7b_ Q

http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-boulevard-convertible-car-seats.html

lorinick
07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
My guy will be two on Sunday and is not at all bothered by the wings of the BV. We do have a MA as well. I think he looks more comfy in the BV as far as sleeping goes. We purchased the seat for the TSIP protection. I'm very happy with the purchase. I have not one bad thing to say about the seat.

shoxie
07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Yup, no problems here with our BLVDs. DD is still RF in hers at 3.4YO and we just put our DS in one at 15mos. Both kiddos are fine in them.

jjordan
07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
My 3 yo and 1 yo don't have any complaints with their BV's.

arivecchi
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Go for the Blvd. The headwings are great both because they offer more protection and because they are comfier for them to sleep in. Both of my kids love the Blvd.

ahrimie
07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Love the BV. Plus, you won't have to rethread. With the BV, you can just turn a knob!

codex57
07-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't love the BV, but it's cuz of the straps. Love the headwings. DS can easily lean out a little and see out the sides. When he falls asleep, the head wings do a great job of keeping his head from flopping around.