PDA

View Full Version : more ipod touch/itunes questions

JustMe
07-28-2009, 12:46 AM
So, I actually got my ipod touch up and working at my local library (I had problems the first time I tried this, for those who didnt read that post), but when I went to the itunes store, I couldnt find any movies. I found short videos, podcasts, and of course songs but no full length movies. I did an on-line search and someone was saying that you cant download movies directly to the ipod touch. This isnt true is it? Also, if I "rent" movies through my computer, can I then use a friend's computer (with a faster connection than mine) to download the movies and then transfer them onto my ipod touch from my friend's computer? Also, I read somewhere that rental movies can expire, but I didnt see any info about that when I accessed the movie info through my computer.

What ipod touch applications do you like both for dc and yourself?

Thanks, sorry I obviously have a lot of difficulty with this kind of thing. I appreciate any help!

TwinFoxes
07-28-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure why you couldn't find any movies. Did you search for one and you couldn't find it? You can download movies straight to your ipod touch (see my previous post, I cut and paste what the Apple site says). I don't have an ipod touch, but an iPhone, they're the same for all practical purposes, except making phone calls. Here's what to do:

Open iTunes. Along the bottom of the screen are icons. Mine are set up so it's "music", "video", "podcasts", "search", "more". If you don't see video, go to more, video will be there. Touch the video icon. Along the top of the screen will be tabs: "Movies" "TV shows" "Music Videos" Tap movies. A list of movies comes up. You can buy them from there!

Rentals do expire. I looked the info up in the iTunes store, you get 24 hours to watch the movie. The clock starts from when you start watching, not from when you download. Also, the movie expires after 30 days if you haven't watched it.

You should rent the movies from your friends computer using your itunes account. Just log into itunes using your log on. It won't work to rent them on your computer and download from your friends' computer.

My girls are really too young to play with the phone, the one app I have that they like is "animal show." Pictures of animals with their corresponding sound. Cute. I think it was free or $.99 There are tons of apps that I love. Pick and choose is a good grocery shopping app. The Amazon app makes shopping a little too easy, and I have lots of games.

Good luck!

JustMe
07-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks so much! I appreciate you taking the time to give me this info...I am not sure why I couldnt download the movies...I will try again.

TwinFoxes
07-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Happy to help!

JustMe
07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Okay, I am not seeing videos as a choice and still dont see it when I touch the more button...I am going to try to call apple customer service.

TwinFoxes
07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I wish I could be of more help, but I honestly don't know why you're not seeing "videos". Try going to this page on the apple support site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1491

It's the page on downloading movies.

Have you tried just typing the name of a movie in search? Like type "Coraline" (which they've been advertising on iTunes) and see if the movie comes up.

Are you in the US? Maybe that's the problem. What options do you see when you open iTunes?

Feel free to PM me, but I'm on the East Coast and going to bed. Good luck!

JustMe
07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks, yes I am in the US. I called apple customer service and they were no help. I called costco customer service and the guy suggested I set the machine back to the factory settings. I think this is the problem b/c when I did finally get it to work I wasnt sure what I was doing and may have deleted some things. He was going to walk me thru the process, but I didnt have time so I will need to call back and try that.